Chapter 4: Meeting the others

I was lying in my hammock staring up at the bright blue sky above the camp, daydreaming to myself and I started to think about Joel in the middle of it. He's been so incredibly nice to me ever since we met yesterday and it's made me so happy. I mean it may be because he's a fan of Time Bomb but either way I'll take the nice-ness haha. My daydreams were soon interrupted by someone shaking my hammock from below, nearly making me fall out of it. "Oh my gosh Joel!! Don't do that," I said laughing and holding my chest when I found out who it was. "Well I wanted to shake you from your dreams," he laughed back. "You didn't have to do it literally," I chuckled softly, sitting up in my hammock so Joel could sit beside me. "So what were you thinking about?" He asked. "Just about family life and friends," I replied. "Spill the beans. I promise I won't say anything to anyone," Joel said intertwining his fingers with mine and started slowly stroking the back of my hand. "Well growing up, I never had any siblings and I still don't and I had a lack of a father figure because honestly my dad is a fucking dick but I shouldn't bore you with that." "You could never bore me," he smiled at me, "Tell me."

"Well my dad drank and did drugs all the time and him and my mum used to fight all the time, even very late at night and he would physically abuse her at times and he used to get mad at me a lot for playing the drums and called me stupid because my only friends who were girls were Jessica, Ciara and Brianne (band mates) and the rest of my friends were boys and he used to be pissed off at me because I was always described as 'one of the guys' and he preferred me being a girly girl. But thankfully when me and the girls formed Time Bomb, we were travelling a lot so I brought mum with us so we didn't ever have to see him again," I explained to Joel. "You're a good person Niamh," Joel smiled as he placed a kiss on my temple and put his arm around me, "And don't worry about your dad. That's in the past now."

Suddenly we heard a male voice shout, "Helloooo!!!" Then Larry Lamb from EastEnders and Gavin & Stacey and Scarlett Moffat from Gogglebox came trekking down the trail drenched in muddy pond water, closely followed by former footballer Wayne Bridge, Olympic gold medalist Sam Quek and former Strictly Come Dancing dancer Ola Jordan dressed in different coloured skydiving gear. "Wow you guys look like the Teletubbies," Joel joked as he went to hug Wayne. As the five of them said hello to Jordan, Carol, Joel and Adam, I stepped forward to introduce myself. Scarlett came up to me and said, "Hi I'm Scarlett. Oh my god, I honestly can't believe that I'm actually talking to you, I'm such a huge fan." "Aw thank you so much love. I'm a big fan of yours too," I smiled at her as I gave her a tight hug. I walked over to Wayne and said, "I gotta say it's amazing to meet you. I'm a really big football fan." "That's crazy because I'm actually a big fan of yours Niamh. You're a very talented musician," he replied as I shook his hand and smiled. I turned around to walk towards the fire and I seen Joel staring at me but he looked away quickly and his face turned a light shade of pink when he noticed I seen him looking at me. He's so cute, I thought to myself, Wait did I just call him cute?