8%

FIVE MONTHS LATER

FIVE MONTHS LATER

"Zach! You need to come to the hospital right now! It's Bailey..."

Zach grabbed his keys and started his car. He went so far past the speed limit it was like he was driving a race car. Luckily no cops were there or else he would have gotten there much later.

He jumped out of his car with his bedhead and his pajamas not go in a shit about what he looked like because it was three in the morning. He ran to the children's wing and into his little sisters room.

He kneeled next to her, ran his hand over her now exposed head as if she had hair, and held her hands.

"Hi baby, how are you?" Zach asked, his voice soft so he didn't frighten her.
"I'm tired Zach. I want to go home," Bailey said.
"I know, but if you want to get better you have to stay here. I heard Dad came and saw you today," Zach told her. She let out a weak cough and nodded.

"He brought me chocolate but the doctors took it away because I can't have it," Bailey said. Zach frowned. She has been so unhappy these past few months and it hurt his heart like nothing else. Not even when he was told that his character was going to die on Shadowhunters.

"Zach, it's good to see you again. Can I talk to you outside of the room?" Doctor Andrews asked. Zach gave Bailey a kiss of the forehead and followed the doctor out of the room.

"So I have some news," she started. Zach sucked in a breath, preparing for the worst. He couldn't lose his sister, she was his baby, his rock. Everything he did was for her.

"So Bailey has not been in the best state recently. She hasn't been eating, she's been sleeping excessively, and she hasn't been using the bathroom regularly. These are some major signs in things not going, well, as planned. I'm afraid she only has about a week left. I'm so sorry," Doctor Andrews said solemnly.

Zach's heart sunk below his feet. His eyes started welling up and he started breaking down. He didn't know what to do. He was just told his little sister is going to pass away in a week.

He needed someone to be there for him, he couldn't do this on his own, he needed someone to be there for him. So he called Dylan.

IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY I GOT MY PHONE TAKEN AWAY I DIDNT MEAN TO BE LATE IM SORRY PLEASE DONT HATE ME