Chapter 15: Safe

Exhaustion was the only thing she could feel. Everything else was overshadowed by how every inch and fiber of her body felt numb and tired to the point that she didn't have the strength to even move yet hardly breathe.

However, something made her move her head. Even if all she wanted to do was give up and go to sleep for a very long time, something kept tapping her and it was annoying.

Bothered by the constant tapping on her cheeks, Catori groaned in disgust. She moved her head around, trying to get it to stop or at least get away from whatever was trying to disturb her rest.

But it didn't stop, in fact it became more urgent and continuous. Suddenly a voice arrived to her ears, even though it felt distant as though it was miles away.

Very slowly managing to open her eyes, Catori woke up. All she could see was a confusing blur before her eyes. Something warm and of a caramel brown color caught her attention, it felt alive but it looked sad.

The voice slowly sounded closer and her eyesight clearer.

Someone wouldn't stop patting her cheeks as they called for her and begged her to wake up.

She finally realized those warm caramel colored orbs were eyes. Which she recognized immediately.

Stiles.

Catori inhaled a sharp breath when she felt like she was suffocating. Like she had woken up from the most realistic and profound nightmare that threatened to hold her prisoner forever.

"Hey, hey" Stiles' soft but worried voice was reassuring to her, just because he was actually there with her. "Cat, it's okay! It's me, Stiles!"

The girl frowned as she tried to hold back the tears that had already formed in her eyes. Even if a sob broke out, coming from the depths of her throat.

"Stiles" Catori sobbed again, now somewhat happily and relieved. "Are you real? Are you actually here?"

"I'm here" He nodded, his shaky hands still in her face because of the urgent need to feel her physical touch. "I'm real, we came for you"

"You came to save me" She closed her eyes and sighed shakily. "I knew you'd come"

"Oh, Cat..." Stiles sighed too, feeling like everything was finally okay. Because she was right there, and she was alive.

An immense relief like he had never felt before flooded through him as he saw her opening her eyes again. So much so that he lunged forward and wrapped his arms around her. Not even thinking what he was doing, Stiles sat her up and hugged her so tight that she gasped for air.

He broke away, staring into her beautiful green eyes and being overcome by a diverse mixture of emotions. Shock, delight, relief, nervousness, fondness and awkwardness.

Catori just stared back, blankly, not reacting in any other way.

"Why aren't you slapping me right now?" The boy was genuine when he asked that question, because he was positive that it would be a reflex for Catori.

Even in that situation, even if he had arrived to save her, even if she wouldn't do it on purpose. From what he knew of her, which was quite a lot, he presumed that would be her first instinct as a reaction to his genuine and impulsive hug.

"I can't move" Catori had the distress written all over her face, since she just realized of her state, but at least she seemed to be unharmed.

"Why can't you move?" The girl noticed the absolute panicked expression on his face as well and felt like hers had to be looking very similar.

Free Spirit | Stiles x OC | Teen Wolf FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara