Chapter 5: Triquetra

With her head resting against the wall and her mind far away from there, Catori waited for the first class of the day to start.

During her first period, she had talked with Scott and Lydia since they had been already having a chat on the corridors when she passed by.

And she had stayed with them when Liam and Kira joined the group too. It was exhilarating to start feeling included.

She wondered where they were as she looked at her wrist watch. Five minutes or so until the next class began. She had plenty of time to waste still.

As she sat down in the corridor, she let her thoughts wander wherever they liked. And they ended up targeting Stiles Stilinski. Scott's best friend, a clumsy and fidgety hyperactive kid with trust issues.

However, even though she got incredibly annoyed just by looking at him she didn't really hate him. Because she could read him. It wasn't always that she could read people. For example, she couldn't do it with Scott or Lydia.

But Stiles was like an open book for her. She could sense his kindness and caring nature, his good-natured heart and his sweetness despite it all. And she knew he was a cool guy even if he hated her.

The only thing she couldn't understand was his dislike of her. She never did anything against him or his friends.

Maybe he was just trying to be cautious, since everyone kept saying that Beacon Hills had witnessed very strange things.

In fact, she wondered where he could be at. Usually, she found him chatting to Scott or Lydia. There were really close friends. Or she would just walk into him on the hallways, making it to be a very awkward scene.

But that day there was no sign of him anywhere. Where was he? She almost missed his death stares with squinty eyes. Almost.

"Catori" Liam was standing there, towering over her as he shyly waved at her.

The girl's eyebrows shot up in surprise, but she stood up to talk to him nonetheless.

"Hi, kid" She started as she hung her bag over her shoulder again. "What's up?"

"Scott sent me" He simply said with a casual shrug. "He wanted to know if you were doing okay after what happened yesterday"

Catori chuckled in spite of herself. Wasn't Scott a sweetheart?

She still thought that he could have asked her himself when they chatted earlier. But it was true that he looked a little distracted.

"Why can't he come himself to ask me?" Catori crossed her arms over her chest and examined Liam.

"Um..." The boy averted his gaze from her.

She knew by that gesture that he wasn't supposed to talk about it. There was something strange going on that day. Scott sending Liam and being busy and distracted? Stiles not being in class? And just after she overheard that odd conversation about 'werewolves'.

A strange sensation suddenly settled in her stomach, some sort of presentiment. Just as that word reached her head, a suspicion formed in her brain. A theory.

"He's just busy" Liam finally said, but Catori had already started inventing her own theories about it all.

"I see. Just tell him that I'm fine then" With that, she just turned around and walked into the classroom, leaving Liam there by himself.

She had no idea how long it would be until the next period started, but she didn't mind to be sitting there reflecting while she waited.

*