Chapter 1: Beacon Hills

Catori awoke startled, not knowing where she was for a brief moment. After taking a deep breath and looking around, she realized she was in her room.

She chuckled to herself, feeling silly for scaring herself for nothing.

Then again, she was used to sudden awakenings from all the nightmares she had been having for years now.

"Catori, get up! First day of school!" Her mom's voice came from downstairs, making her roll her eyes and grunt at the idea.

Her first day of class in a new high school, where she'd be the new girl in a new town.

Resigning herself, she pulled the covers off and stood up from the bed. Stretching herself and positioning in front of the mirror, Catori observed her reflection like she did every morning.

But her glance went down to examine herself as she realized she was wearing a male jacket on her.

Images of what happened last night hit her. Being lost in the middle of the road, encountering that boy –whose name she had already forgotten –and letting him take her home in his motorbike while everyone was still sleeping, in the middle of the night.

"Hurry up or you'll be late, Catori!" Her mom insisted impatiently.

Dazed, the girl complied and got ready to take a shower and prepare herself for her probably awful first day of class.

*

The building was madness, with hundreds of students roaming the corridors, rushing over to their classes and pushing her on her way to her locker.

She didn't even try to make friends because she knew she wasn't the friendly type. No, she was too stubborn and independent.

But at least she hoped she could find that boy to thank him and give him his jacket back. He looked around her age, he had to be in high school with her.

While Catori felt herself overwhelmed in the sea of teenagers she had gotten herself into, Scott was not far from her.

"What were you doing running around in your motorbike last night again?" His best friend Stiles asked him, confused yet irritated.

"I heard there was a new pack in town, but I guess it was a false alarm" Scott absently replied.

He felt a strong scent of restlessness accompanied by another scent, those proper of each people's identities. He had been near that certain person before as their scent felt extremely familiar. Yet it wasn't Lydia's or any of his friends'.

"Oh, really?" Stiles chuckled, not really believing that theory. "Who told you that?"

"Derek" Scott kept on walking, barely paying attention to his friend as they walked through the corridors that slowly emptied of people.

Stiles let out a sarcastic laugh that spoke for him.

At that moment, Scott's eyes fell over someone who caught his attention. It looked like the girl from last night, but was she really? He looked at her thoroughly to check it was her and not somebody else.

Tan skin, very long wavy brown hair, intense green eyes and average height. It was definitely her, even though he didn't recognize her with her skinny jeans, her converse and her Batman t-shirt. Last time he saw her she was wearing some girly pijamas.

"Dude, where are you going?" Stiles complained, watching as he walked away. "We have class!"

"Catori?"

The aforesaid quickly turned around to the sound of her name.

"Oh, I was hoping I'd meet you here, uh..." She trailed off to let her know she didn't really remember his name.