Chapter 13: Missing

Stiles could hear his friends' voices but wasn't really listening to the conversation. He just resolved to keep on biting on his nails, his eyes fixed on a random spot he wasn't even looking at.

It had happened again. A member of the pack was in great danger, mortal danger even. He had gone through that situation many times.

Someone of the pack was in trouble and needed saving. The bad guys often targeted them, so it wasn't new for him.

Then why was his heart racing? Why was it so hard to breathe? Why did Stiles feel at the verge of a panic attack? It was even worse than the previous times something like that happened... Why?

"It was a trap" Derek sighed sadly. "They must have realized I followed them and elaborated the plan"

"What do you mean?" Kira asked worriedly, frowning as her eyes darted from him to Scott.

"They knew I was listening, so maybe they set everything up so this would happen" The tall man replied gravely, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Were they planning on kidnapping Catori?"

"They went after her before..."

"Are we sure they actually took her?"

"It looks like it"

"But what if-?"

"There wasn't any blood" Scott intervened, not really wanting to hear the theories of what terrible things might have happened to her. "I checked, not even the scent of it"

"Nor any signs of struggle either" Liam had been there with him when he examined the scene. "That's a little strange"

"They probably just knocked her out" Malia suggested, thinking it was plausible.

"Why would they take her, though?" Scott couldn't wrap his head around the idea of the bad guys needing Catori. She wasn't even a werewolf or anything!

"Maybe it has something to do with that investigation" Kira gasped when the thought hit her. "Of the girls disappearing? What if it's related somehow?"

"Can we stop talking about it and try to actually find her?" Stiles tried not to sound too rude or anguished as he stood up from the couch and joined his friends.

He was used by then to that horrible feeling. That stirring queasy feeling on his stomach, that void in his chest, that overwhelming fear that made his mind fuzzy.

But with Catori it was different. He couldn't really explain how, but it was.

"But we have no clues, nothing at all" Scott frowned in spite of himself, hating to feel so pessimistic and defeated. "We don't know where to start"

"We can start by looking for her" Stilinski was almost angry, even though it was just anxiety disguised as such.

"He's right" Derek accepted reluctantly. "We need to start looking"

"Let's go then" As Liam walked, he took his phone out and texted Mason asking for help as well.

"I'll ask Lydia if she knows something" Kira grabbed her cell as well. "Since she's already been looking and asking everywhere"

Everyone left seeking for Catori, but Scott kept staring at Stiles. So when his friend sternly walked over to the door, he held his arm to stop him. He knew him too well and understood there was more to it than just concern.

"What's the matter with you?" Scott was genuinely surprised to see how affected his best friend was by this. "I thought you didn't like her that much"