Chapter one

One year ago. Maiduguri, Nigeria🇳🇬 .

Hameed entered his office's balcony and let the cool, fresh air hit his face. He breathed in deep and leaned on the railing, looking intently down at the not-so-busy street.

He waited for 10minutes.

15minutes....

20minutes....

But didn't catch a glimpse of her. That beautiful face. Oh lord!

He heaved a measured breathe, suddenly feeling uneasy. He briefly checked his cartier ronde wristwatch. It read 4:30pm.

"She should be here... Any minute" He muttered and decided to wait a little more.

After ten minutes of waiting and staring sharply at any girl that passes, trying to espy his dream girl. But alas it was all in vain, she wasn't there. His shoulders slumped down as his uneasiness got to another level.

Where is she? What could possibly happen to her? Is she sick? Why isn't she here? Did something bad happen to her?

"Hameed" A familiar voice stopped the pesky questions from gushing out of his already crowded mind.

He turned and a small smile etched its way unto his face "Ahh... Usman"

Usman raised his eyebrows and moved closer "Did you....?"

"She didn't come today... Maybe something bad happened" Hameed said, slowly messaging his temples.

Usman placed his hand on hameed's shoulder and spoke "No, nothing bad happened in shaa Allah, I'm sure she'd be here"

"I pray so" Hameed uttered wearily.

A broad smile suddenly appeared on Usman's face and hameed shot him a questioning look.

"Turn around, your dream girl is here" Usman winked.

At that, hameed briskly turned and a relief instantly washed over him. Finally! He saw her! His dream girl!

She walked deliberately alongside the street, wearing a full-length hijab with her left hand gripped on the strap of her satchel bag, totally oblivious of Hameed's intense gaze. He was barely blinking.

Once she was of sight, he sighed and smiled, obviously pleased.

"Crazy lover boy, shall we?" Usman brought him out of his dreamland.

Hameed grinned "Uhm.. We shall"

They walked out of the colossal Abiso office building and walked to hameed's Brabus.

As soon as they got in, usman turned on the radio and 'Who you epp?' Suddenly burst out of the speakers.

"Coming through, Issue, Pounds Sterling law's fi nse tissue, Married to the game, Olo'un mii ki n'sun, Fvck my ex-es, I don't miss you... Maybe i do but chillllllll... Who you epp? Ehhh.. Who you epp?" Usman sang along with olamide.