Chapter Twenty four

Gleaming stars in that your heavenly eyes, with grace you are sent to this imperfect place, a little charm i want to call mine.

How could you be so beautiful?
You blossom like a garden of rose.
When you smile, the sun dim a little,
It can't help it just has to wriggle.

With chanting birds we will sing your song, sing your praise even though the sound is not as good that your melodic voice.

Poem written by my friend. I love it. 🔥

Hameed's P.O.V

She told me her story. Her miseries!

How could her uncle be this cruel? How could he put a barely 20year old girl in this kind of situation?

I'd no idea she'd gone through a lot and still going. She was so strong. She was a woman made out of steel.

By Allah, Now i love and respect her even more. I vowed to make her happy and ruin whatever her uncle was planning, come what may, in shaa Allah!

Now that i stood in front of the whole family, who had gathered in abbu's crib, I couldn't miss the shock on their faces after I'd proclaimed about my plan on us moving out of the estate.

I knew how abbu dreaded a day like this so much. His Family parting away. But we had to do it. For our safety. We'll never be sure of what alhaji musa was planning.

I wondered why abbu hadn't done something about him tho. He could trap him if he wanted to, in half a second. Perhaps, there was something stopping him or the threat, only God knows.

I waited for someone to speak but i guess everyone was still shock to utter a word.

"We will not be away for so many months, in shaa Allah we'll come back in less than 2 months or so, i just have to sort some things out" I said, still examining their faces "And please lets keep it private, if feasible"

"Are you sure about this?" Finally, uncle saeed said.

"Very sure uncle"

"You haven't told us the reason behind all this" Another uncle asked.

"I can just say we're kind of in danger right now and i think we'll all be in peace only if we move out" I replied, trying not to disclose the actual reason. I didn't want them to be so worried and perchance, some might think that fatima caused it all, it was the last thing i wanted, someone to accuse the love of my life.

Now, Some of them smiled, some still kept their shock expression while some faces were just neutral, devoid of emotion.

After some minutes, almost all of them dispersed except few.

Aunty basma, usman's mother, walked to where i stood.

"Baba" She said "I trust you but be careful please"

"In shaa Allah aunt" I smiled brightly.

She cupped my face, her eyes brewing with tears "May Allah protect you always"

"Aunt please, don't start, you know your tears can fill the whole house, what do you want us to do?" I teased.

She hit my shoulder. I chuckled and opened my arms for a hug.