Chapter eleven

Fatima!❤️

ENJOY!😊

Its been exactly three weeks since my marriage with Abdulhameed. I have met the rest of his family members and believe me, i have never met courteous and good hearted people like them. Not only do they make me smile all over my face but, they make my heart smile just as much. I feel loved. It felt like home.

I was getting attached to khairi with each passing day. She's such an angel. As for Abdulhameed, things are still the same, I realized he really meant what he said to me about keeping his distance. Of course, it hurts a lot but i try as possible as i can to show that I also don't care.

Today is Friday, abdulhameed is out to only God knows where after the jumma'at prayer and khairi went to umm manal's crib with rumaisah and i have no class today. Speaking of class; i no more take bus to school, i was given a driver whose job is to take me there, wait for me till I'm out and we'd go back home. Honestly, these people never cease to surprise me.

I have been trying to solve one stupid question from an assignment we were given but i just couldn't. Architecture is awesome but sometimes sucks as hell, especially when it comes to the mathematics part. I tried to solve it one more time but failed miserably.

I scrunched up the paper, threw it in the garbage that was already filled with squeezed sheets and pulled my hair out of frustration.

"This goddam assignment" I said through gritted teeth.

"Who are you talking to?" A voice came out of nowhere to which i jumped in terror.

"You!" I pointed at Abdulhameed, who was looking at me with amusement.

"When did you come back and how long have you been standing here?" I asked rather annoyed.

"I came back just some few minutes ago and I don't know for how long i have been standing here" He shrugged and walked further into the room.

"There's this very nice thing called knocking.. you know" I said, packing the sprawled papers in front of me.

"Why do you have your hair looking in all directions?" He asked as he settled on a chair.

It was then that I realized my hair wasn't covered. He might be my husband, my mahram but i still don't feel comfortable with my hair opened in his presence. Totally embarrassed, i quickly tied my dankwali over the disheveled hair and I could've swore i heard him chuckle.

"Whats up with all these papers and you talking to yourself?" He asked, putting on that serious face i dread.

"Umm... i was just trying to solve a question but my brain was absolutely blank, so i got annoyed" I replied, packing more papers.

"Do you need some help?" He offered.

"Oh no! I will try and solve it later in shaa Allah, you should go" I shot him a small smile.

"Are you shooing me away?" He knitted an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes "Of course I'm not, i was just you know..."

Without uttering a word, he snatched the papers from hand and quickly browsed through them.

"Whats the question?" He asked.