Confessing

"Hey, Rainbow Dash!" Applejack called to her friend as she spotted her friend breezing by Sweet Apple Acres. "Come down here and have some of the cider that we just made!"

Rainbow Dash slowed down and settled by an apple tree. Applejack hurried over to her with a cup of cider in her hoof, but then she noticed Rainbow's wings drooping. "Rainbow, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Rainbow Dash muttered. She took the cider from Applejack, drank it all in one gulp, then turned her back.

"Rainbow! Something is botherin' you and I intend to find out what it is! Why won't y'all tell me?"

Rainbow ignored her.

"Rainbow!" Applejack sounded more forceful.

"Okay, fine!" Rainbow finally gave in. "Look, here's the truth. I like Rarity!" She put her head in her hooves and started wailing.

"So, why are you crying?"

"I can't tell her." Rainbow was miserable. "She'll just say I'm stupid for not telling her sooner."

"Why would you think that?" Applejack cocked her head to one side.

"I don't know!" Rainbow groaned. "Maybe it's because I've liked her for two years already! I still haven't told her and I could only just manage telling you!"

"Why don't you often update me on what's going on with you watching her all the time?" Applejack inquired, putting a hoof on Rainbow's shoulder. Rainbow nodded and dashed off toward Ponyville.

Up ahead, she saw Rarity's house and flew around it, more tears blurring her vision as she landed on a small gray cloud.