Chapter Fifteen - Tyler

Hello! Thank you for your patience during my delightful experience of the flu (I am feeling much better now I can breathe out my nose again). Back to the adorbs!

Love, Cam

Chapter Fifteen

I receive a giant paintbrush

The week passed nice and swiftly, with Rowan and Adam's team finishing the gallery in what I could only assume was record-breaking time. It looked great; much bigger now it was completely white, and the bar area was coming together nicely. Sorcha and I had managed to clear out and organise the teaching room, and Adam had been working on our decorations.

"That looks so cool," I said in awe, as he presented the first of our pieces.

It was a giant paintbrush, made entirely out of wood. We were going to paint it to look like a huge, genuine paintbrush, and he had spent the last two days creating it with nothing more than a chisel and a sander. It was spectacular.

"Thank you," he bowed with a flourish. "I primed it last night, so it's ready for you to paint. I figured it'd be best to set this up for you."

He gestured to a contraption next to him that consisted of two X shaped stands on top of a large paint sheet that we could lay the large paintbrush across, so we were able to paint it all without it needing to be laid on the ground to dry.

"Very clever," I grinned.

"The giant pencil and giant paint tube will be done and primed by the weekend," Adam assured me. It was Tuesday, so that gave me a few days to figure out what colours I wanted to paint everything. "I'm having a lot of fun. They should be more than lightweight enough to suspend from the ceiling."

That was our plan; to suspend them in the teaching room, which had just as high a ceiling as the gallery itself, and would otherwise be wasted space. Adam had thought up the idea over the weekend, and started on the designs as soon as he could, enjoying the creativity.

"So epic," Sorcha clapped her hands together, very pleased. "Plus, that gives Tyler something to occupy him with over the weekend."

Adam frowned. "Got something going on?"

"It's Saskie's first trip back to Ireland," I replied. "Sorcha's going with her this time - she's seeing some old friends over the weekend. I'm staying here."

Adam smiled sympathetically. "Not looking forward to it?"

"It's just weird," I admitted. "I worry about Saskie on a plane, Saskie on a plane without me, Saskie on a plane with Sorcha-"

"Hey!" Sorcha glared at me, leaning against a wall. "Rude."

I grinned, "You just painted that," I said, indicating the wall, and she hastily leaped away from it with a lovely white splodge down her back.

"Ack," she grumbled, but then sighed. "I guess it's an old shirt." She checked her watch and said, "Speaking of Saskie, shouldn't you be going to pick her up?"

I swore, catching sight of the time. "Bollocks. Yes, do you have the keys?"

Sorcha threw them at me and I caught them, rushing out of the gallery and to the car. Fortunately, primary school finished before rush hour got into gear, so I didn't encounter too much traffic as I drove to the school.

I was still a bit late, not wanting to break too many speeding laws, and Saskie was hanging around near the school's entrance door with her bag and coat. Fortunately, she was not alone, chatting animatedly with Mr Rose, who smiled as he saw me hurrying up to them from the car park.