Chapter 9

Normani's POV

   I'm beat, like I'm really dead. Since the end of our tour I've been going non-stop, I haven't had a day off yet. Television appearances, photo shoots, radio interviews, any and everything my PR team throws at me. They've been working me to the bone, but I know they have my best interests at heart.

   "Mommy I miss you," I pout into my iPhone camera. Today was another one of those non-stop days and I needed a little pick me up.

   "Mani baby we miss you too. You should've seen Babs last night complaining about not seeing her grandchild. I swear she was two minutes away from putting Derrick and I over her knee." Her chuckle reminds me of why I do this. I'd work everyday for the rest of my life to see my mother smiling like that.

   "I can imagine that. But you can tell Babs that she'll see me tomorrow. I have to finish up here and then I'm going to watch the polls with Blaire and some friends tonight. Depending on what time it's over I'll come home tonight or in the morning." I watch my mother's eyes dart above the camera before she nods her head yes. No later than that the phone is snatched from her hands by none other than my father.

   "Look-a-here. It's the seed of my ... Well never mind." He chuckles awkwardly and I hear my mother laughing in the background. God I really miss my family.

   "Smooth daddy, real smooth. I really miss you guys. You both owe me hugs, kisses, and cuddles," I pout. Being daddy's youngest I know exactly how to break down that tough exterior, and it works perfectly.

   "I know baby. We all miss you here but we're glad to see you out there living your dream," he pauses and just smiles at me. "We all watched you this morning. Perfect as always." I watch my mother walk back into the view of the camera and look at me the same awestruck way that my father was.

   "You guys can stop looking at me like that. I'm not the next Beyoncé yet. Gosh!" I joked but they just continued to stare at me. It took a couple of screams, tapping on my phone screen, and snaps to get them to come back to planet Earth.

   "Sorry baby. I guess we both got caught up in the moment. We were sitting here going through the old photo albums this morning and your transformation has just been breathtaking. And I'm not just talking about your physical transformation. You've gotten so much stronger over the past couple of years. You've stood your ground even when people tried to put their feet on your back. You've come through so much and each time you come back bigger and better. We're just really proud of you baby." Leave it to my mother to make me cry at work.

   "Mom Stop! I'm supposed to be looking all pretty for this shoot and you got me here crying and ruining my make-up." I tried my hardest to stop the tears from flowing and successfully save this beat on my face. I look at my camera and just to find my parents just staring at me again, but this time it looks like they're trying to hold back their tears. That only lasted for about fifteen seconds before they both start cackling loudly.

   "Did you see her Derrick?! She looked like she just got soap in her eye trying to rub away the tears!" They laugh so hard that one of them drops the phone and I hear something crack. Karma is a bitch.

   "Derrick!"

   "Andrea!"

   "See God don't like ugly. Now y'all gotta go pay to get that fixed," I say trying to hold back my smirk.

   "Whatever child. We'll see you in the morning." They shouldn't had been teasing me and that wouldn't had happened.

   "Oh and don't forget that the day after tomorrow  you have that Galore MissGuided shoot."

   "Okay, thanks mom. Love you!"

   "We love you too baby. Bye." I sigh as I hang up and that lonely feeling creeps back up on me again. Not only do I miss my family but I miss my girls. After spending the past five months with those freaks I miss them when they're out of my presence for a long period of time.

   For the first time in a long time all of my babies are happy. Mila was back in the studio, Ally had recently went in the studio with Tori, Lolo had written and recorded her first solo song, and Dinah had gotten back in the studio with some DJ. I myself had finally gotten in the studio with some pretty amazing people, to be released at a much later time. Things for us were finally getting back on track. As a group we were about to start working on our next album, and as a group of girls we were finally mending the broken friendships we've lived with for the past couple of years.

   "Okay Normani, we're ready whenever you are." Well here goes nothing.

Dinah's POV

"Child you did not come all the way home just to sleep all day, be up all nights and eat all my food. Get off your lazy ass and do something with your life!" Oh my, here we go again. This woman is going to be the death of me.

"Mom I just got off a worldwide tour. I need time to recuperate."

"Girl shut up! You've been saying the same thing for weeks now. Ain't that much sleep in the world! Get up and do something prod-" saved by the bell.

"Excuse me mother, my girlfriend is calling me," I smirk at her as I walk out my bedroom downstairs to our backyard.

"Thank God for you Manz. My mom was just starting to rip me a new one."

"Hi to you too Dinah. I'm doing well, thanks for asking. How about yourself," she replied as she sarcastically rolled her eyes at me. Taking one good look at her I could tell she was beyond exhausted. My poor baby.

"Hello babe. How are you today?" She chuckles as a yawn escapes her lips. "Babe you look so tired. When are you going to go home and rest? I know how passionate you are about working and being productive but you've got to have some down time Manz." She just sighs and looks at me through the camera.

"You know, my parents said the same thing to me a couple of hours ago. It just hasn't hit me yet I guess," she shrugged it off. "But that's not the reason I called you. I heard a certain someone finally got back in the studio. I'm so proud of you baby!" She began kissing her phone as if I could actually feel her kisses.

"Yeah, it felt good to just go in and sing my heart out. And guess what, I've got a surprise for you. I didn't ally recorded your favorite song, sent it to Kehlani and she loves it! She said to let her know when I was ready so she could send some stuff over for it!" I just say there on the grass and waited for my girlfriend to regain her composure. She just stood there with her phone in her hand, frozen. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen.

"Dinah! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! That's so awesome." She paused for a moment seemingly lost in her own thought. "Wait, you said my favorite song? You recorded I've Found A Love? Oh my gosh, that's huge. I want to hear it! I want to hear it now!" I watched her throw a tantrum on somebody's couch.

"Babe you're acting like a child right now. Where are you at?" Mani moved her phone so I could se Blaire and a couple of her other friends chilling in the room. A chorus of "hi Dinah" and "what's up Poly" was the next thing I heard.

"Well I'll hit you up later babe, I didn't know you were chilling with your friends."

"DJ it's fine. There's actually something I need to talk to you about. What are you wearing to the party? I want to match my girlfriend," she says with a hopeful gleam in her eye.

"Well I was actually thinking we could go as polar opposites. You know like yin and yang." I watch her face go from happy to confused in a matter of seconds. This will be fun.