xxxvii. he's watching

Vanessa's POV

"T-TAMA NA, Queen . . ."

She begged as I continued to grip her neck "How dare you lied to me, Jamie? Answer me!"

My voice echoed "H-hindi ako nagsisinungaling, Queen!" Her tears fell "Hindi ko n-niloko si Eric! Maniwala k-ka!"

I let go of her neck as she sat on the floor "You fuckin' did, Salvador! You were in a relationship with Charles when you were still in a relationship with Eric!"

She shooked her head "N-no! Hindi y-yan totoo, Queen!"

"You think you can fool me?" I walked closer "Me?!"

"Q-queen . . ."

"I still can't believe that you did this Jaime," I caress the side of my head, it's aching as hell

"Eric loved you," I looked away "—but you threw it away just like that!"

"N-no." She shooked her head "Hindi niya 'ko m-minahal, Queen."

I glanced at her "N-niloloko ka lang niya, Queen!" She cried "Niloloko niya lang tayo!"

"What . . ." I don't know how to react "Y-you're lying!"

"H-hindi, Queen. Maniwala ka sa 'kin!"

No, no. Eric won't do that. He's a friend! Why would he even lie to us? To me?

"He's not just a great hacker," I can see the pain in her eyes "—he's a gun user, Queen."

"No!" I shouted "He confessed it to me, Salvador! He doesn't know ho—"

"Sa akin din, Queen!" She shouted "Pero niloko niya ako! Niloko ka niya!"

"Pinasyal niya 'ko sa bahay niya at doon ko nakita ang lahat lahat! Ang mga baril niya, ang mga armas niya! Nakita ko ang lahat ng 'yon!"

"N-no . . ." I looked away "H-he won't li—"

"Ginawa na niya, Queen." She stood up and walked closer to me "Iyon ang dahilan kung bakit kami naghiwalay, ako mismo ang nakipaghiwalay."

"—hindi totoong si Eric ang nakipaghiwalay. Sinabi ko lang 'yon dahil,"

"Dahil ayokong madamay si Cathy at ikaw." She sighed

"Alam kong nakakabigla, Queen." She forced to smile "Pero, totoo ang mga sinabi ko."

"—totoong niloko ka lamang ni Eric."

I LOCKED myself inside my dark room. Looking at the ceiling, feeling the coldness and making myself comfortable by killing people in my mind.

'Eric's my friend.'

That line keeps echoing inside my mind. But I am not convinced about it, especially now that . . . Jaime told me everything.

I bit my lip, I thought this would only happen in books but I guess I was wrong.

Even in real life, a fake friend would follow you . . . and lie to you

But here I am, just looking at the ceiling. Thinking what I will do now.

While looking at the ceiling, a telephone rang.

'Who would call at this time?'

"Could it be . . ." my eyes widened "Eric?"

I get the telephone and cleared my throat. This is my chance to ask him and I won't let this pass

"Eri—"

[Have you eaten?]

'T-that voice.'

"W-who are you?" I stuttered, acting like I don't know him

[It's me. Don't you recognize my voice?]

'I do!'

"No?" I unsurely said "Seriously, who are you?" I know your voice, but I don't know your name!

He chuckled from the other line [Just eat, will you?]

"Huh?" What is he trying to say?

[I'm watching you, Vanessa baby.]

My widened as I looked around. My heart was beating so fuckin' fast "You, liar! You're not watching me!"

[I am, to tell you the truth. I can see your kissable lips.]

My lips parted "W-what?"

[Close your mouth or else I will be the one who will.]

Darn it! He's watching me!

"Where are you?" I asked and stood up "I need to talk to you!" And ask your name

[Look at your huge window.]

My forehead knotted but still, I obeyed him "Are you insane? All I can see are trees!"

He laughed on the other line.

'Are you making fun of me, hoodie guy? Huh?'

"I'm going to end this call!"

[Do you know how in pain I was when I connect your telephone on mine?]

"What?"

[Nevermind. Just eat.]

"No! Who are you to command?"

[Your future husband.]

What?

"Aren't you going t—!"

[Eat well.] The call ended after he talked I was like—how dare young hung up on me?!

I ran towards my huge window as I saw him. Wearing his black hoodie, while sitting on a tree.

I continued to walk but my left foot hit something. I get it before I step on it.

'What's this?'

I opened the paper bag "Holy shit—is this Sirloin Steak?!" I exclaimed

Before I drool over the steak, I glanced at the window.

And there I saw him,

Smiling at me