xxxvi. mild

Vanessa's POV

MY EYES looked away as I clenched my fist. I didn't even notice that the letter fell on the floor.

Even my knees, they're like—melting not because I'm scared but because on what this guy talked about

"N-no . . ." I shooked my head

Emperor has a son?

Worse, he's close with me? Who the fuck that guy would be?

"Queen," it's butler James "May i-ibinigay 'hong mensahe si ma'am Jaime."

He bowed his head and hand me his phone. I checked it and saw this,

From: Ma'am Jaime Salvador

Butler James? May hihilingin lang sana ako sayo. Alam kong tapat ka kay Queen pero sana, pagkatiwalaan mo 'ko.

Ayokong mag alala sila sa 'kin kung kaya't naisipan ko munang magtago. Patawarin mo 'ko butler James kung mapipilitan kang magsinungaling.

Pakisabi kay Queen na huwag na 'kong hanapin. Pakisabi sa kanila na, ayos lang ako.

Thank you, butler James.

I gritted my teeth "Salvador!" I shouted in so much anger

"P-patawad 'ho Queen," he bowed once again "Ngunit 'yan lang 'ho ang n-nasabi niyang impormasyon. P-patawad 'ho."

"Hey, butler James?" I faked a smile "You won't get mad If I would say this, eh?"

He glanced at me

"Can I borrow your phone for a minute?"

I STEPPED on the brake when I reached the location where Jaime is. I thought she was in danger but thank God he wasn't.

She's in the location where Octagon is. I'm glad about it, at least I know she didn't gave up on my friend . . . Eric. I closed the car's door when I got out, I even put my phone on my pocket.

I ran and was about to open the Octagon's main door but it's closed. There's even a sign board saying that it's close.

"What the heck happened?"

Eric isn't a type of guy who closes his properties even it's already evening. Of course, he wants money! He won't close this!

I tried to kick the door, but I couldn't. I tried once again, but still. The door wouldn't open.

"Damn it." I get my phone and unlock it

Jaime's still here. I can see her location right now.

'Is she with Eric right now? Wait. Inside the Octagon?'

I was about to kick the main door again but I heard a familiar voice.

"A-ayoko na,"

Damn, I know that effin' voice! It's Jaime's! I didn't think twice but to follow her voice.

A few seconds after, I realized where I am. This is the dark area of Octagon's parking lot.

'What are you doing here at this time, Jaime?'

"N-no! W-wag! Please!"

My eyes widened, her voice was panicking and so am I. Even my hands were trembling because on what I heard.

I was so fuckin' worried that she was getting hurt by someone but I was stunned on what I saw

'W-what's the meaning of this?'

"H-how dare you do this J-jaime?" I blinked twice, I couldn't imagine that my friend, Jaime would do this

"Q-queen?"

She glanced at me while holding someone's hand. And that someone?

It's Charles Miller.

"M-mali ang iniisip mo, Queen!" She walked towards me "M-maniwala ka, Queen."

Jaime held my hand but I refused. Instead my hand slapped her "H-how dare you, Salvador?!"

My voice echoed as she shooked her head "H-how," I clenched my fist "H-he trusted you, Jaime!" My tears fell

"N-no, Queen. Hindi, mali ang iniisip m-mo!"

She tried to calm me down "Don't touch me, Salvador!" Her eyes widened

"Maniwala ka sa kaniya." Miller enters "Masyado ka lang nabulag, Mafia Queen."

Instead of listening to his shits, I came towards him "Q-queen, queen!"

I grabbed his collar "Are you really testing me, Miller?!" I angrily asked "Why the fuck are you doing this, huh? Answer me!"

He didn't talk "Oh, yes! I fuckin' know!" I pushed him away "Because you want to see me suffering? By what, huh? By doing this shit with Jaime?!"

"I love her, Vanessa."

"The fuck I care!"

"—I warned you already, Miller! Why can't you just leave my friend alone?!"

"Because I love her." You love her? Fuck it. "I love her. I love Jamie." He glanced at my back, Jaime's direction

"Ngayong sinaktan siya ni Eric." He clenched his fist "Hindi ko hahayaang may makakuha pa sa kaniya."

"You miscreant!" I punched him making him sat on the floor

"Q-queen!"

Jaime ran towards his direction "What now, Jaime?"

I get my gun from my pocket "Are you ready for his death?" I coldly asked

"W-wag, Queen!"

I smirked "Just a mild one."

I pulled the trigger, as I heard Jaime's loud scream