Scotty x Uhura - One Call Away pt 1

She was more than beautiful. Beyond gorgeous. But she didn't see that. She was sad and alone after the breakup with Spock. She was quieter than usual and it was bothering Scotty. Uhura was usually a bubbly and happy person, but now she was sad and quiet.

Scotty was now walking down the hallways, searching for the girl of his dreams. He ran into the young Chekov, who had the usual excited look in his eyes.

"Laddie, have you seen Miss Uhura? I've been looking all over for her," Scotty said, a worried look in his face.

"Last I saw her was this morning in the mess hall. She didn't look too good though," Chekov answered, the excited look leaving his face.

"Do you know where she went?" Scotty asked.

"I think she's on the bridge," Chekov answered.

"Thank you, laddie," Scotty said, patting Chekov's shoulder before hurrying off. It didn't take long for him to get to the bridge. He found Uhura on the bridge. She was hunched over, her hair messy. Scotty strode over to Uhura, ignoring the Captain's greeting.

Scotty got to Uhura and placed his hands on the back of her chair. He leaned down and pressed his lips against her ear.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

She shook her head. "No, but it's okay."

"No, it's not. Do you want to talk about it?" Scotty asked quietly.

"No. Scotty, really, I'm fine," Uhura said, turning her chair around. Scotty kneeled down in front of her and looked in her eyes. He placed his hands on her legs.

"I'm only a call away, okay? If you need me, I'll be there to save the day, aye lassie?" Scotty said quietly.

Uhura nodded, a few tears escaping from her eyes. Scotty's hand immediately went to Uhura's face to wipe her tears away. A small smile played on her lips. It made Scotty smile too. Scotty's hand stayed on her cheek.

Uhura lifted one of her hands to wrap around Scotty's hand. She smiled a little bigger.

"Thanks, Scotty," Uhura said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"You're welcome, lassie. See you soon?" Scotty said. It wasn't a question, but more of a command.

Uhura nodded.

"Then I'll see you around," said Scotty, standing up and pulling his hand away from hers. He walked off the bridge and onto the turbo lift. He had his eyes on Uhura until the doors closed. He looked down sadness washing over him. He didn't want his princess to feel any hurt or sadness.