She srunched her eyes at me. "You straight." She responded as I giggled.

"But how were you yesterday?" Jada questioned. I looked around the room for a bit, then back to her.

"If I tell you, you swear you won't tell?" I questioned as she Jada slowly rose her head up, and looked at me with concern.

"Uh, oh." Jada reacted.

"Jada and Nia, will you two please stop talking?" Mr Rogers begged again.

Jada sucked her teeth. "If you're so bitter of us talking, then why can't you just ignore us?" Jada nonchalantly responded.

"I never asked for your remark, Jada." Mr Rogers replied back.

"And nobody asked for you to tell us to be quiet, also. That's make both of us, huh?" Jada continued to respond back.

"Jada if you're gonna keep going back and forth with me, I'm gonna send you down to the office, okay? It's too early for this!" Mr Rogers yelled.

"If it's so early for this then why are you yelling? Shit, you must hyped for today." Jada commented.

"Jada, get out now." Mr Rogers ordered. As he did that, the bell suddenly started ringing.

Jada gave him a smirk, then a middle finger in return. "I'll tell you what happened yesterday in lunch." I reminded her as she nodded her head, gathering her stuff.

*****

It was lunchtime and I was in the bathroom, combing my hair as i heard a door creaked open.

It was Aaliyah. "Oh hi, Nia." She greeted with a nice smile, showing her left dimple.

"Hey, Li. I wanna apologize to you about what happened yesterday. Jada was-"

"Nah, it's cool." She accepted. I saw a bandage on her right cheek, it was covering the sratch Jada put on her from yesterday's events.

"You sure? Because I really want both of y'all to make up." I obliged as Aaliyah was washing her hands on the sink.

"Well, if you want to do that, you can." Aaliyah agreed as she grabbed sand - paper towel to wipe her hands.

Just when I was about to respond, Jada came inside the bathroom.

She mean mugged Aaliyah then turned to me. "Hi." She nonchalantly said.

"Jada, we were just talking ab-"

"Nobody was talking to you, Aaliyah." Jada cutted her off.

Aaliyah pursed her lips then looked away.

"You guys, can you please make up? This is not healthy for our friendship." I begged as Jada continued to glare at Liyah.

"Our? Nobody invited Aaliyah to be a part of our friendship." Jada remarked as she looked at the mirror and adjusted the hair cuffs attached to her braids.

"C'mon, Jada. Plea-"

"I'm going to lunch, they finally have a sushi section in the cafeteria, and oh, Nia, you have to tell what happened with you yesterday." Jada reminded as she made her way to the door.

"I got you." I responded as she gave me a small thumbs up and fleed.

I sighed, then turned towards Aaliyah.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Nia, there's no need for you to be sorry. I told you, it's okay." She accepted as I gave a appreciative smile.