Chapter 21 (Part 1)

NOTE: Check out the Audiobook version of this chapter recorded by kaelking12 by clicking the Youtube  video above. She did over 8 voices for this chapter so it's definitely worth checking out if you have the time! Featuring music by Tegan and Sara, Ok Go,  Andrew Belle, and Colbie Caillat. 

Alex

Welcome to UCLA's Creative Writing 191 Discussion Forum.

Enter Login Information:

Email: a.summers07@gmail.com

Password: snickerdoodlequeen88

You have successfully logged in at 2:10 PM.

UCLA Creative Writing 191 Discussion Forum

Post title: "Welcome to Creative Writing 191- A Note from the Author."

Posted by: E. King

Body:

Hey guys,

Elias here. Professor Hayes was nice enough to let me write the intro to the discussion forum for our class, so here it is. I'm really looking forward to reading your thoughts on "Letters to Jersey" and will do my best to make sure I get back to your posts as soon as I can. You can be as honest and open as you want. There's no need for you to hold back if you feel strongly about the book either in a positive or negative way (as long as your honest, I'll appreciate it).

If you're confused about something in the book, let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions as long as they're within reason.

For example:

"What inspired you to write a book of letters?"  (Totally legit question, and completely in reason.)

"Who is Jersey?" (Not okay.)

On that note, please understand that this book means a lot to me because it came out of one of the hardest years of my life. So, as far as personal questions go, I'd like to ask that those stay off the forum and out of the classroom all together.

I'm a big believer in keeping my private life off the table, so please respect that.

Anyway,  as far as rules go, aside from the one I just talked about, please make sure you post on time, otherwise I might not get to answer you--which kinda defeats the purpose of this thing.

If you need anything else or have any questions, shoot an email over to Professor Hayes, and she'll pass it on over to me.

-E. King

***

View Forum Posts

UCLA Creative Writing 191 Discussion Forum

Post title: "Letters to Jersey Chapters 1-3"

Posted yesterday at 3:22 PM

Posted by Gabi M.

Body:

I've read a lot of books. And I know that probably sounds completely cliche coming from a Creative Writing major, but bare with me.

These days, almost every book on the shelves are totally unoriginal carbon copies of one another.

Similar plots. Wannabe witty voicing. Identical covers. You get the picture.  But every now and again, if you're lucky and patient, you'll find a book like "Letters to Jersey."