Chapter 20

*NOTE: DEFINITELY CHECK OUT THE AUDIO FOR THIS CHAPTER! SUPER INTERACTIVE & COMICAL! WE HAD FUN! Click the Youtube link above to listen to the Audiobook Version of this chapter voiced by kaelking12 (Kristen M.) featuring music by Paper Aeroplanes, Sara Bareilles, The Cardigans, and Kate Walsh.

Alex

Outgoing Call to Kai Reynolds at 10:22 AM.

Call Ignored.

Outgoing Call to Kai Reynolds at 10:24 AM.

Call Ignored.

Outgoing Call to Kai Reynolds at 10:25 AM.

Call Ignored.

Text message to Kai Reynolds at 10:27 AM:

AS: Hey...are you in class right now?

AS: Sorry...I don't wanna bother you, but um...call me after if you can. Okay? We should talk.

AS: I'll be here.

Outgoing Call to Kai Reynolds at 11:32 AM.

Call Ignored.

Outgoing Call to Kai Reynolds at 11:44 AM.

Call Directed to Voicemail.

Kai Reynolds is unavailable.

"Hey it's Kai. I can't come to phone right now, but leave a message and I'll get back as soon as I can!"

AS: Hey, again. Sorry to call so many times, it's just I--I was thinking about what you'd said earlier and...you were right.

You were right about a lot of things, and I should've just been honest with you like you asked...but I panicked, and I said a lot of things I shouldn't have and...I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I keep lying to you. I'm sorry for pretending to be someone that I'm not. I guess I thought it would make other people happy. But honestly, all I've really been doing is hurting everyone.

You. Elias. My parents.

And I need to change.

I wanna change. I don't wanna be this person anymore because you deserve to be with someone so much better than I am.

Someone more honest than I am.

So, that's why I'm gonna try to figure myself out.

And, I don't know how long it's gonna take but I--

I just need time.

I need to start over.

And, I know I don't have the right to ask you to stick with me through this, but I hope you will.

But no matter what you choose, just call me when you can.

***

New Notification from Facebook at 11:53 AM.

Kai Reynolds just checked in at Northern Lights Cafe (UCLA).

Kai Reynolds just updated his status at 11:57 AM:

Had the morning off. Photo Lab professor out sick :D!. Nice to have some time alone to think.

New Message to "Kai Reynolds" on Facebook Messenger. Kai Reynolds is online.