Chapter 16 (Part 3)

*NOTE: Check out the Audiobook version of this chapter voiced by kaelking12 (Kristen M.)! Featuring music by Boys Like Girls, DJ Snake (Ft. Lil Jon), LMFAO, Conor Maynard (Justin Bieber), Zayn Malik, and Smallpools.

***

Elias

By the time the three of us get inside, Roxy's too fucked up to care that we're late, and I'm too fucked up to care about much of anything.

Except for Jersey of course, who's too busy bolting towards the dance floor to worry about Roxy at all.

"Oh my gosh hey! I'm so glad you made it, Elias! Let's do shots!"

I turn towards the bar only to see Roxy the she-devil clomping towards me with two shot glasses in her hands. I hope she's ready to down it herself because I'm never drinking again.

Real talk.

"Thanks, but I'm good right now. I had something before I got here."

And by something I mean a lot of things, but details.

"C'mon, Elias. Just one? For me?"

She snakes her arm around my waist and runs her hand along the waistband of my jeans.

"No thanks, but I'm sure any of these other guys would be down to do shots with you."

I reach down and lift her hands off my pants as gently as possible. She busts out a pout the size of San Francisco like it'll change things. But it won't. Like I said, I'm a one woman man now, and while this woman's shoving shots in my face, my woman's halfway across the club dancing without me. Time to go.

"Um, that's not really how it works. I get the whole 'playing hard to get' thing, Elias, but at the end of the day, no guy ever turns me down."

She lifts herself up on her tiptoes and leans in close enough for her boobs to "accidentally" graze me. Right.

I back away 'til there's a good couple inches between us.

"Well, then I'm honored to be the first. Later."

I push past her and head straight for the dance floor. Roxy can pout all she wants, I'm never gonna be about her. Quote me.

I catch sight of Indigo standing in the middle of a blob of people up ahead. She's probably the only one in the crowd who's not dancing at all. Figures.

She waves over Jersey all of a sudden, and within seconds the two of them are huddled together whispering things I wish I could hear.

I pick up the pace until I'm only a couple people away from where they're standing. I can't see Jersey's face next to Indigo's, but whatever she's hearing has her dead still. A couple seconds ago she was dancing and waving her hands around like nothing could stop her. But Indigo has her frozen.

Shit.

If she just told Jersey what I told her earlier then everything's over.

Everything's--

"Yo! You're that King kid right?"

I whip around and find myself face to face with one half of the douchebag frat duo from the quad. The guy's a lot taller than I thought he'd be up close and clearly a couple shots over his limit.

I don't wanna talk to him. Or worry about him. Or waste my fucking time pretending to be friendly. I've got more important things to deal with right now, and he's not one of them.