July 21, 2015

Dear Lavender,

           It's been a month since I was told I had a month to live and I feel like I could conquer anything. I'm only kidding. I feel like death. That's not even an exaggeration in my circumstance. It's taking all my energy to write this letter. But it's worth it. You're worth it. I made my wish and I want to tell you first, I'm sending you, Parvati, George, and my mom to Florida. I know you've been wanting to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter since it opened and since I'll never be able to take you on that date I planned, this will have to do. I asked George to give you these letters once I'm gone. He agreed and promised not to read them, so if the envelopes are open, can you hit George for me? I haven't been able to get up my myself for a while and mom barely leaves my side. I finally convinced her to take a bath so I could write this in peace. Today seems like a particularly bad day. I haven't been able to eat in days and I'm too weak to move. I don't think I've come to terms with what's happening. It all happened so fast. it seems like just yesterday I was at school, secretly admiring you while joking around with George. Now I'm laying in bed, could die any day now. I haven't even had time to accept it, I was hoping to go into that anger stage. I wanted the works of it. I went from not knowing I had cancer straight to the final stage. I didn't even have a chance to fight it. I'm not going to be a survivor, I'm going to be a victim. A victim that didn't have a chance. How is that fair? It isn't. Cause life isn't fair. And it sucks. I'm going to miss you so much Lavender Brown. You are the love of my life. My first and only lo...