"So how's life going, Michael?" Katherine begun.
"Fine." he said eating his food, without even looking at her.
"Only fine? Well how is your work going?"
"Good." he kept ignoring her.
"You mean my work!" Joseph jumped in and everybody looked at him "Let's not forget who's business it was that Michael's running now. Who started it? Who was the founder and-"
"It doesn't matter if it was a lousy founder." Michael sharply cut off "The one that manages to run the empire with great profits is the real hero." Joseph laughed out loud.
"You haven't changed, I see... still the ungrateful chi-"
"By the way, Michael," Katherine quickly changed the topic, ignoring their conversation as if it had never happened "I met Lisa few days ago at the mal and she told me to say 'hi' to you." like who was this Lisa?
"Oh really?? How nice of her.. next time you meet her, tell her I said to go to hell." we all looked at Michael because of his sharp tongue, but that wasn't something new for him, it shouldn't surprise me anymore.  Jermaine silently giggled.
"Well, we shouldn't forget that Michael likes to change his women quite often with new ones... and the last ones, as he said, can go to hell." the men in the room laughed at Jermaine's comment. But to me that wasn't funny at all... I looked at Michael and his face was emotionless.
"I guess you are right, Jermaine. You're one step ahead of me in that matter and I gotta learn from you! You keep both your old and new women by your side. Not all of us, men, can manage to do that." it seemed like this fried Jermaine. He hit the table with his palms and got up from his chair with fury in his eyes.
"YOU IDIOT! HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME THAT WAY! YOU-" Michael got up two.
"DON'T CALL ME IDIOT! LET'S NOT FORGET WHO SAVED THE BUSINESS AND WHO RUN IT FOR ALL THOSE YEARS SUCCESSFULLY! AS FAR AS I REMEMBER YOUR ASS WAS HIDING WHEN THINGS GOT THOUGH OR AM I WRONG??"
"Now boys please!" Katherine said "What is this?!! We're having dinner!"
"Why did you invite him, mother, why??!!" Jermaine asked her.
"Yes mother tell me why?!" Michael said and I could sense the pain in his voice "All these years you've been ignoring me as if I wasn't a part of the family and why now suddenly-"
"How do you wanna be treated when you stole all the business for you!??" Joseph said "Jermaine is right!"
"Of course you'll be on his side.. you're always on his side! What was I supposed to do? Leave the business in your hands with all your depts?? Or give it to Jermaine who loves gambling a little too much? Or leave it to the girls who have no idea how many zeros a million has?" his hands begun to slightly tremble.
"Michael, Jermaine, please sit down!" Katherine said.
"No, mother!" Michael protested "You also never stood beside me! You took all the shit that Joseph and my brothers did and never said anything! Even after I became the boss of the business, you stayed with Joseph! I don't understand it, mother, I don't!!"
"And I don't understand how you always make yourself the victim, Michael!" Jermaine jumped in "You took all the money, the prestige, the title 'don' and my wife Diana!! What did I have?? NOTHING NOTHING!" Michael took his wife???!! Like what?
"That whore came alone to me because you were broke! She was nothing but a gold digger!"
"NO!! She loved me! You fooled her! If it wasn't for you... Where is she now??"
"Why do you wanna know? You want a third wife??"
"Did you kill her?" I froze by Jermaine's question. "DID YOU FUCKIN' KILL HER LIKE YOU KILL ALL YOUR WOMEN??"
"NO! She's alive and she's probably somewhere with some rich ass man living her life!"
"YOU'RE LAYING!"
"YN get up." Michael told me, but I was petrified "GET UP!" I quickly got up "We're leaving!"

"But Michael wait! Please don't!" Katherine said.
"Leave him Katherine.." Joseph ordered "He's always been one ungrateful child! If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be where you are today, Michael!"
"IF IT WASN'T FOR ME, WE'D ALL BE BROKE AND DEAD NOW!" Michael grabbed my hand and pulled me to follow him. He was walking so fast I had to run!

He quickly led us outside the house and on the way we could still hear Joseph yelling words like 'ungrateful', 'stupid', 'selfish' mixed with the voices of his other siblings.

We finally reached the car and Michael opened the door and pushed me inside, then straight after I got in, he got in too and gave the driver orders to return us home.

I looked at him. He had his right elbow placed on the door of the car, his face was buried in his big palm and his head was turned away from me. He was pale and shaking. He was trying to hide his emotions from me, but wasn't doing a very good job. I even thought he was silently crying in his hand. I didn't know what to do... should I talk to him? Touch him? What if I made him more angry? And what about the terrible things I heard few minutes ago? Killing women, stealing the business? Did Michael really do all that? Maybe I should ask him, but of course not now! But what if that made him very angry and he beat me up?

The ride to the apartment was silent.

We got off the car and hopped in the elevator. Michael was looking away all the time, but I could see that his eyes were red. He was very sad...

The doors of the elevator opened and we walked in the apartment

The doors of the elevator opened and we walked in the apartment. Michael went straight to bar to drink alcohol. He took the bottle of whiskey and walked over to the sofa to sit down and pour some into his glass.

"Why are you standing there?" he said with shaky voice. I felt he was about to cry "You can go to bed." I turned around, headed for my room, but then I looked at him again...

He looked so down. They said very bad things about him, but I could feel my heart ache for him! I couldn't really believe those things were true! Something made me go over to him and place my hand on his shoulder. He jumped a little, he didn't expect that!

He lifted his head to look at me, but then quickly looked away. His eyes were red and watery. He had been secretly crying. Now that I saw him, he couldn't hide it anymore so I decided to ask him

"Are you okay?" I expected him to jerk my hand away and yell at me to stay out of his business. I believed he was going to tell me not to disobey his orders and maybe slap my face, but...

instead, he grabbed my hand by the wrist and pulled me in his arms. He buried his face in my chest and wrapped his arms around my waist, holding tightly onto my dress.

He burst into tears.