The Library?

After we had gotten to the library we stood there taking in what the building before us was.
"This is the library?" Katie said in disgust. I laughed, Katie never came to the library unlike me. The book return box that was made out of aluminum and other assortment of metals was destroyed. It looked as if it where blown in from the inside by an explosive.
"Yep this is our beloved library!" I said with enthusiasm in my voice.
"How could this be the library?! We must have lost our way or taken the wrong turn!" she said trying no to believe the horror in front of us. She knew that I've been to the library an unusual amount of times but it usually wasn't for the books but to see an old friend that I had some how forgotten the name of. I looked in every corner for his name but just kept forgetting.
"I know right! This looks nothing like the library we grew up in!" I pointed out trying to get her to realize the truth.
"Jack, I don't want it to be real though." She said starring at me with eyes full of untrue wishes. I pulled her close and hugged her. she squeezed me so hard I felt as if I were to explode.
"I know you don't but this is reality." I said looking in her watering eyes. I hugged her tighter into my chest.
"I know you don't, I know you don't."

~KATHARINE'S POV~

As we walked towards the crushed library I watched Jack almost stumble over a pile of debris. I heard the quiet stumble of feet that where soon quieted with a quick stop. I turned around and saw Jack looking at me, wait no she wasn't looking at me. I fallowed her gaze to in front of me. I paused catching my breath there was a boy with ripped clothes covered in blood. There was a cut on his right arm in the shape of an X. I covered my mouth with shock.
"Who could have done this?!" I screamed louder them expected. I quickly clasped my mouth shut. I looked from side to side and behind me, when my eyes turned forward to see the boy again he had vanished. I heard foot steps, a pare of foot steps soon where fallowed by more foot steps.
"We need to go Katie." I hear Jacks raspy voice that I assumed was near a whisper. I was frozen by what I had just done.
"Katherine! We need to go!" she whispered harshly again. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder and I was dragged onto my feet and Jacks face was closely in mine. I watched her mouth my name but nothing came out.

~JACKALIN'S POV~

As I pulled Katie's body up to her feet, I tried to get her attention "Katie?" I waited for a response, by her head flopped to the left with no life. "Katherine?!" I yelled a little louder then before. I smacked her face and yelled, "KATHERINE!" I screamed. Her eyes where dulling but then snapped back to life. I felt the familiar flow in her body and the beating of her heart. She stood up and put a hand to her face.
"What happened?" she asked with a tired voice. I looked behind me and I saw nothing.
"You must have blacked out or something but with your eyes open." I explained. Her eyes caught the movement of something and I turned to see what it was. It was a middle aged boy that had the uniform of a White Soldier. He held a musket in one hand. I felt Katie freeze under my hands, I did as well. I looked at the abandon school, my elementary school across the street. There was nothing of what I was looking for. "What do you want here?!" I yelled getting ticked off. He fumbled for his gun and pointed it at me. "Well, your not very polite!" I yelled at him with a smirk. He steadied his gun and aimed for my heart and then the sound of the gun firing echoed through out the entire place like a new life that would soon die just like our town. I stepped to the side quickly and gave him the finger and stuck my tongue out at him. "NAAAAH!!" I then quickly started to run with Katie's hand in mine. "CAN'T CATCH ME I'M THE GINGER BREAD MAN 3704558!" I yelled while running. I heard Katie behind me breathing loud obnoxious breathes. Once we were far enough away from where we or I was almost shot, stopped and let Katie catch her breath. I stood up looking around I had many old memories of this place and they where all good ones. Where I did my training (self training not mentored)

"Oliver." I whispered faintly.