I reassure myself that there is no way that could even be possible since Rochelle was bred in Aohdan's estate and this girl was with Dante's coven.

Taft's amber eyes flicker over this new girl, noticing the similarities that I have when his gaze quickly diverts to Rochelle. Good, I'm not the only one to think something fishy is going on, but no one says anything. Instead, Dante nods toward my side, the girl coming to stand nervously beside of me while she keeps her eyes glued to the dewy grass. I watch, this new vampire making his way over the meeting circle and coming to halt just behind the fifth etching.

Were there originally five council members? Is that why Aohdan received two selections? To make up for whoever it was that is missing? But again...why would the code state four?

I know there is something deeper here, something darker that I very well might be able to get the answers to if I survive this...

Well...if I can't get away. Truth of the matter is, the reason I requested my riding outfit, in case there is anyway for me to somehow get access to my bike, maybe I can get far away from here. It is a very slim chance, but I'm prepared if the opportunity arises...I just wish I had my helmet.

The wind blows my rose gold hair, the tie sitting low against my neck as the other girls either have theirs in buns or high ponytails. Dante's selection however, has her hair down and flowing around her small form, those eyes of hers slowly looking up as Arthur's voice breaks through the stunned silence.

"Arthur Valentine, first council member," he announces his title and steps forward onto the rune.

Taft speaks, "Taft Thornton, second council member," he too steps onto the rune directly in front of him.

Cormac's voice sends a shiver down my spine when he says, "Cormac Arin, third council member," and steps onto the rune.

Aohdan's voice has calmed slightly, but I can still see the agitation on his face when he says, "Aohdan Starr, fourth council member," stepping onto the rune, I see his eyes briefly glance between the girls on either side of me.

Dante parts his lips and states, "Dante Matz, fifth council member," and when he steps onto the rune, an ominous aura surrounds them all. I can't see anything, but I can feel whatever power it is they possess and however the moon and the winter solstice is amplifying it.

Arthur's eyes land on us, commanding, "Selections, present yourselves to your Masters."

Eh...temporary Master? Stand in Master? I'm not even sure in this case with Cormac...

...beloved?

No. I can't let this get to me. If I can escape, I will.

Cassidy is the first to step forward and walk onto the meeting circle, coming to stand just a few feet away from Arthur. Desiree and Rochelle are quick to follow and before Dante's selection can take a step forward, I fall in right after them. Once we are all situated in front of the ones who selected us, there is another moment of silence.

My eyes travel down from Cormac's green ones, my brows furrowing when I notice something he is holding in his hand that I hadn't earlier. It's half hidden under the sleeve of his jacket, but when Arthur says, "Gift your selections with the light of the moon," I finally see exactly what it is they have been hiding.

I hear murmurs around me, each council member acknowledging their selection and I catch Dante saying, "I gift you with the light of the moon, Blaire Aston."

We have a name.

With my mind having wandered, I quickly brought my attention back when Cormac slips a silver chain over my head, a crystal snowflake similar to the ones we set out is now hanging delicately around my neck and the pendent resting against my chest. When I lift my gaze to meet his, he says, "I gift you with the light of the moon, Rose Wood."