Chapter 18

~Cassidy~

It's been days since I made the deal, tomorrow David will be coming. I was annoyed and worried at the same time.

David will come and take the life my dear ones. Right now John and I were playing in the game room.

"Are you okay?" I glanced up at John and sighed.

"No." I replied as I headed to the bar for a Mountain Dew.

"Everything will be okay. Don't worry Cass," John said to me as he gave me a warm smile.

"I know, but the though of losing any of you is..." Tears streamed down my face, John hugged me as I cried into his shoulder.

"Cass, it's going to be okay. You saved us, we don't blame you," he said softly.

***

"Do you see them?" John called to Kyle. Kyle stood on the banister peering out the window on the top floor.

"Not yet. Wait, I see them!!" Kyle yelled and jumped down. His feet made a soft thud as he landed.

Drake grabbed my hand and pulled me into his arms. My eyes were glued to the front door. The fear of losing my family hurts. It hurt worse then the time I broke my collorbone, I still have a scar.

The door swing open, Davd and his guards swarmed into the room. The ginger stood proudly, a smirk across his face.

"Hello Isaac," David greeted.

"David," Isaac greeted back, he held Caroline hand tightly.

"So, who's the lucky Neko?" He asked all of us.

"I am," John said as he approached, everyone was suprised.

"It's supposed to be me John!" Drake shouted.

"What?!" I growled at Drake.

"Cass, I wanted you to live on, this is not your fight. It's ours," he said to me.

"No! It's my fight as well as yours. There my family as much as they are yours." I said angerly to my mate, his eyes met mine, I saw tears gather in them.

"Well who's going to die? I don't have all day," David cut in, his eyes narrowing at us.

"It's me," John said, his eyes meeting mine. "But before I do this I want to do one thing."

He walked over to me and cupped my face. His lips pressed against mine as he hugged me to him.

I didn't move or kiss back. I was frozen, he had feelings for me. He pulled back and held me against him.

"Why?" I asked looking up at him.

"We mate for life, we only chose one mate our entire life. I found mine, she died during birth as well as our child. When I saw you, I felt attracted to you. I love you Cass, Drake is lucky to have you." John said and kissed me one last time.

John walked over to David and kneeled to him. I felt a hand cover my eyes, I then heard screaming. I felt tears rush down my face, I felt my breathe start to choke.

The screaming ceased, and I heard shuffling. The hand removed from my face and I saw John body with a white sheet, blood started to stain it.

"Well, goodbye. Let's hope this is the last time I ever come here." David said and with that he turned andleft.

I spun around and buried my face into Drakes chest. His arms wrapped themselves around me as I cried.

***
I started at the grave marker as rain drenched the Matthews and I. My eyes watered at the remembrance of his death.

John Ian Matthews

August 6, 1992-December 6, 2016

Beloved son and best friend

It hurt. We all felt the fury within out broken hearts. I know we can't change time, but I feel like it's my fault.

"Don't," Drake said to me. "Don't blame your self." I didn't question how he knew I was blaming myself.

"Okay." I whispered, I followed the other as we headed home. We were leaving to Neko Community, that way we will never make that mistake again.

I finished packing up, when my bedroom door opened. I felt arms wrap themselves around me.

"Before we leave, I was to ask you something," Drake told me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Marry me? I know we barely know each other, but I want you by my side."

I turned in his arms and looked up. "Yes," I whispered to him.

"No rings are needed for this, this is a Neko promise." With that he bit into my neck and I know from now on, I was his.

%%%%%%%

I may right a sequel, it depends on how you the readers feel.

This is the end to "My Neko Boy"

Thank you for reading and I'm glad you read it.