Chapter Seven

Zoya's POV.

It is not the cloth that oppresses the women, it is the illiterate mind.

Finally I can go home, today has been a long and drain full day, all I thought about doing was just going home and sleeping.

Last night I stayed up late as I was watching some videos on you tube, but I instantly regretted staying up late when I had to wake up seven in the morning.

As I quickly put all my homework in my bag to make my way out, I felt a presence behind me, at first I thought it might be Adam, just the thought of that brought a smile on my face.

However that smile quickly left me once I turned around and saw who it was.

It was Paige and her tag alongs, they stood there with their arms folded as they stared at me. I quickly turned around and got my note book.

'Can I help you?' I wrote on it as I showed it to Paige, her eyes quickly widened once she read what I wrote.

"Yes you can actually, I want you to stay away from my boyfriend" I didn't even need to ask who she was referring to, to understand who she was talking about.

'And who's your boyfriend? last time I heard you were single'  I saw her clenching her teeth as she read what I wrote, and then seconds later her two tag alongs gasped in shock.

"Don't act stupid you know who I am talking about" I shake my head to tell her that she was in fact wrong I didn't.

"Are you planning on getting on my nervous?" I shrugged my shoulders. I was sick and tired of being treated like something less then them, which I wasn't.

"Listen here Mrs Mute I don't want to play any games with you since I have no time to waste. Stay away from Adam or else you will regret it do you understand?" However when I didn't reply or even nod my head she took my bag and threw it across the floor.

Taking steady breaths so I didn't do anything I might regret I tried to walk to where my bag was, but just as I took the first step I felt her grab my collar and push me towards my locker.

I instantly closed my eyes as I heard myself internally hiss from the pain as a lock hits my back. Looking around I see everyone standing around us as they stared at us with shock.

"Do you understand?" She repeated, turning around I look her straight in the face as I shake my head

"I'm going to ask you this one more time do you understan..." but before I let her finish of her sentence I shake my head, once she saw what I did I felt her quickly lift her hands up to slap me.

My eyes automatically closed as I waited for the familiar pain to happen, but for some reason I didn't feel anything. Opening my eyes one at a time to see what happened, I saw Paige's hand in the air but there was someone who was holding her hands from coming any closer.

I slowly followed the hand up to see who it belonged to and just as I thought it was the one and only Adam.

"What do you think you are doing?" Adam gives Paige a questionable look as he waited for her to reply.

"It's none of your business what we are doing" she says as she tries to release her hand from his grip however you could tell it was impossible since no matter how hard she tried, he still held her hand tightly.

"Yes it is..." he says but before he could finish his sentence she quickly asked.

"Are you her bodyguard and we don't know?" Once she said that her tag alongs instantly started to laugh as also a few people started to quietly laugh.

"No, I'm her friend and friends don't allow others to hurt their friends" once people heard him say he was my friend they stop laughing as they stood their silently then seconds later I heard them whispering.

"I better not see anyone laying a hand or even irritating her is that understood? because if I do you won't like the other side of me that you will be forced to see" everyone stood their silently since he wasn't only talking to Paige this time, but he was also talking to everyone that was there.

"Let's go Zoya" he lets go of his grip on Paige's hand and starts to walk away, I started to look at the ground to find my bag but it was no where in sight.

Just as I was about to ask I saw James, Adams closest friend holding my bag in his hand, to my surprise he had a smile on his friend.

"That kept them quiet" he said to Adam once we came to a stop in front of him. Before Adam could reply James turns around and looks at me.

"Here is your bag, don't let them let you down being different is not a bad thing, it means you are brave enough to be yourself" all I could do was smile as I took my bag from him.

"You should walk her home cause you know Paige is one crazy girl and from what you just did a second ago you declared war with her" Adam nods his head as he turns to the side and looks at me.

"Come let's go....anyways James I'll catch up with you later on at training" he says as he starts to walk, however I took a couple of steps until we were away from his friend before I started to say.

'You don't have to take me home I can go by myself' I smiled as I said, since I am not really scared of Paige and her gang and I can protect myself.

"No I would like to take you, well don't worry I'll drop you at the corner of your house so your parents won't see me" he opens the door as he stands on the side so that I could exit.

'Thank you' we then started to walk silently towards my house, at times like this I wish I lived so far away not just ten minutes away from school.

'So what's your other side?' I curiously asked, once he realised what the question was he starts to laugh while he scratches the back of his head.

"Do you want me to be honest or..." he says.

'Be Honest' I quickly answered.

"I honestly don't know what my other side is but I just thought t would be cool to say since in all the movies that I watched, people tend to scare people by using that line" just when he said that I saw his face go completely red as if he was embarrassed.

I tried to hold in my laugh even though I knew he wouldn't hear me, but seconds later I saw myself laughing at his ridiculous reason.

" I knew I should of just told you my lie, since you wouldn't know it's not true" he says as he walks faster.

'Which is?' I said once I quickly caught up to him.

"That when I'm mad I turn into Hulk" once he finished saying, we both started to laugh.

A/N: Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said:
"A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfils his brother's needs, Allah will fulfil his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection..." [Bukhari and Muslim].