Chapter Six.

Zoya's POV

The sun doesn't lose its beauty when it's covered by the clouds.
The same way your beauty doesn't fade when you're wearing a hijab.

Was the first text I got today from my secret admirer, I was thinking of what I should reply as I slowly made my way to my locker, upon getting closer to my locker I looked up as I saw Adam standing in front of my locker as he was on his phone.

I stopped for a minute as I was in shock to see him standing there, since yesterday felt as though it was all a dream and that me and Adam in fact didn't sit together in the library.

"Zoya" Adam says once our eyes locked, hearing him call my name gave me the reassurance that everything that happened yesterday was in fact real. I slowly started taking the last couple of steps that would finally make me stand in front of him.

Adam didn't realise that he accidentally said my name a bit to loud so once my name escaped his lips everyone in the corridor turned around and stared at me, some had a shocked expression while others had jealousy oozing out of them.

Once I was finally in front of him I waved my hand, which he then automatically mirrored. Then we stood staring at each other for what felt like hours but was only seconds.

Going back to reality I quickly shook my head as I looked down to get the pen from my pocket to write to him.

"No you don't need to write anything" I stopped my hand mid air as I heard Adams words, I slowly looked up at him as confusion made its way onto my face.

"I can actually understand sign language, I don't know how I forgot to tell you that yesterday as I made you write so much and I do apologise..." I lifted my hand up to stop him from apologising since he didn't do anything wrong.

'It's okay I didn't actually mind it and I actually enjoyed my time with you since I don't usually talk to people I signed', I actually signed slowly so that Adam could catch everything that I was signing.

"I'm glad that you didn't mind it" he said between that beautiful white smile of his.

'Is it okay if I could ask how you understand sign language since not a lot of people that I have met can understand?' He didn't answer my question straight away and I didn't bother rushing him to answer since we had the whole of lunch break.

He stood there staring at the distance as I saw him have an internal battle with himself, but what was the reason behind that internal battle I had no idea.

"My little brother is deaf" he finally said once our eyes met again.

'I'm sorry to hear that' I said, the moment he saw me say that he slightly nods his head as he puts on a fake sad smile.

'Was he born like that?' Ya Allah, why can't I seem to be able to hold myself from asking such personal question, just because he said he wanted to be my friend is doesn't mean we have automatically became best friends who spill each others secret.

"Lets go and eat since I'm starving" Adam completely avoided the question that I just asked him, as he slowly started to walk towards the cafeteria. I quickly opened my locker, shoved everything that I was holding in my hand and made my way to Adam.

"You know I never actually spoke about this day to anyone, I never wanted to speak of that day to anyone but for some reason I feel like I can speak of that day to you" Adam finally says once we walked towards the cafeteria for a couple of minutes in silence.

"Come lets go outside, I don't feel like eating anymore" Adam turns right to the glass door that leads us outside, but just when he opens the door he stops in his spot and looks at me.

"Do you want to get something to eat from the cafeteria?" Once I heard his question I instantly shook my head as I put my hand in front of me pointing to go outside.

"I'll show you my favourite spot" That was the last thing Adam said as he started to take me to the place he was talking about.

"This is the spot that I love to sit in when I want to be alone" he finally stops as he points at an empty spot under a big tree.

"Have a seat" he says once he sat down. I slowly sat down next to him but I made sure to leave some space between us.

"It was on the twenty fifth of December, we drove to go to my cousins house for Christmas. The weather was very horrible, we had to double think if it was actually worth it to go to my cousins, but since my mother didn't like to break promises that she makes she made us go" he takes a small pause as If he was remembering the day.

"I didn't want my brother to sit next to me because we were having an argument, so I made him sit on the corner of the car other then his usual spot in the middle next to me." I saw a small tear that would have been missed if I wasn't completely staring at him, make it's way down his cheeks. He tried to hide the tear as he pretended to scratch his face.

"We made it half way to my cousins house when the car went out of control, as it started to spin around the the corner that my brother was sitting on hit a tree causing him to hit his head on the window" my hands went straight to my mouth as I heard what Adam just said.

"It was all my fault if I wasn't acting like a child and let him sit next to me that wouldn't have happened to him..." I quickly shook my head as I heard him say those words.

'Whether or not a plan is carried out or not, all incidents a person faces are in that person's destiny and are events preordained by Allah. As it is revealed in the verse; "He directs the whole affair from heaven to earth..." [32:5] I started to say once I saw him looking at me.

'Nothing can happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us. He is Our Master. It is in Allah that the faithful should put their trust.' [9:51] I finally finished of with a small smile hoping that Adam, would understand that what I am trying to say is that none of what happened that night was his fault.

A/N: REMINDER:  A person may think that he lives what he plans, but actually he only lives the destiny Allah creates for him. Therefore, even if a person thinks that he can change his destiny by doing something, he actually thinks that because this is also in his destiny. Not even a single moment is outside destiny. A person in coma dies because it is in his destiny and a person who wakes up from a coma months later is also saved because it is in his destiny.