WHAT HURTS ME THE MOST PART 2

[GRAY'S POV]

1 year had passed since Juvia's death, and one month had passed when I last met Juvia in the hill. Eversince she vanished there, not once a dream had I met her. I wished she would visit me in my dream, I know it sounded creepy for a living and a nonliving to love each other...but... I just can't shake her off my mind.

Now, I'm here sulking off my feet, watching the floor as if Juvia is there. 'Another research failed' I mumbled under my breath.

Truth is, I've been spending that 1 year of her absence in researching about death resurrection. I promised myself to bring her back alive, no matter what. Levy and Lucy were very eager to help me, as well as Gajeel, Erza, Wendy and Natsu... *sigh* Lyon did volunteered as well, and he was the most eager among the group, being second before me of course.

But.....well.....I wanted volunteers of course, many actually did volunteered , I knew I need a lot of help considering this mission is no walk in the park. But...again...Lyon..like Lyon?

Selfish as I may be, but I'm not letting him in. Though I knew it was no good, since I know as well that his researching about resurrection secretly.

Now I'm here again in the bar stool looking like I'm carrying the burden of the world. Thinking of how disappointed I am to others. Many was eager in the first place but as time passed by, the smiles and encouragement turned to frowns and disappointment.

Little by little the group members gave up. Leaving me, Erza, Wendy, Levy, Gajeel, Lucy, and Natsu. Speaking of the two, Lucy and Natsu are a team now, wait that's wrong... they're a thing now.

It was funny actually, eversince Juvia's death, many soon-to-be couples started hitting each other. Lucy was the most frantic out of all, knowing Natsu is a trouble-prone. The two of them started leveling up, until they've reached the 4th peak, and that is the couple thingy I don't care what it's called.

It was very funny actually, since Lucy was the one who confessed. Many was shocked to see Lucy walked to Natsu and gave him flowers and a roasted pig, before confessing.

Unfortunately because of Natsu's enthusiasm, fires began to enveloped him and the flowers he's been holding burned and the roasted pig was once again crispy. I'm glad it wasn't burned to crust though, I would have a hard time eating those with others.

Now going back to my point many left the gang, and I know that the others are losing hope as well. They were starting to make me like other girls. Setting me up on a date with another ladies. But whenever I see one, I felt like a cheating husband.

I snapped out of my monologue when I heard footsteps behind me, and I knew that I'm gonna hear another 'just gave up on her'.

And I was right...

Natsu stood behind me and slowly patted my shoulder
"I don't want to say this but I'm gonna be direct and blunt, Stop and Gave up... you can't revive a human who is dead"

I just sighed irritatingly, then slap his hand away "I'm not going to give up on my love"

Natsu's serious look suddenly turned a *pff* with his lunatic grin while covering his mouth with his hand.

He stared at me as if I was a joke, before laughing his ass off " Love? *pff**sneer* You and Juvia were not even a thing...haha...heck, you haven't confessed or show her love at all Elsa"

My eyes twitched dreading the word he said, not the Elsa but the word confess. I unconsciously punch the table and glared at Natsu "Shut it Natsu" I look down the floor watching the spilled water dripping down the table, I snickered when I saw the ice still intact with the glass 'So even here you're leaving me huh?'

I sighed before continuing my words "I was gonna confess to her damnit" I mumbled quietly but loud enough for this stupid flame brain to hear.

He just cross his arms then look at me weirdly with a weird grin 'Man how I would love to punch the hell out of this guy'

"You know what? Forget it" I waved my hand off and paid off my bill leaving Mira to clean up my mess, or Natsu's afterall he's the one who irritated me.

I walk towards the pathway, grudging and cursing silently at the couples acting all lovey-dovey in front of me.

Gajeel sitting on a chair while sneaking a peek on what is Levy reading who was busy flipping the book one at a time.

Erza who was busy entertaining Jellal with her armor and stuff, while Jellal on the other hand was feeding her a piece of cake once in a while.

Elfman yelling "I'm a man!" While Evergreen just shakes her head in annoyance(wait I'm wrong they're not acting lovey-dovey at all)

Bisca and Alzack making weird faces for their daughter.

Lissana greeting the customers while Bickslow trailing behind her serving their plates and I can't help but notice the two of them holding hands .

Carla and Happy talking about dragon stuff for their mates, while leaning on each other's sides.

Lucy passing me to run towards Natsu and hug him.

Laxus hugging Mira from behind, while she was wiping the table. And I knew I remember seeing Freed sulking in the corner.

I thought they wanted me to move on? Tss... such teammates they are. I just continued walking down the pathway stopping mid-way to respond on Lissana saying goodbye.

When I finally get out, I leaned on the huge wooden door, silently crying my tears out.
'Damn it Juvia, do you know how left out I'm feeling? Because of you my guildmates are flirting with each other now. I'm happy for them, but what's the point if I don't have you to flirt with?' Okay, that came out wrong but that's what I really want to say.

I look at my clenched fist before gripping them tighter, making my knuckles white... Before proceeding towards my home.