Chapter 14

"Mark." I whispered, but I wouldn't turn around.

"You're smart Cate, very smart. But this is stupid, you've just gotten yourself in a whole lot of trouble."

"Let go of me!!" I demanded but he had me with a firm grip.

"No." He said holding a sharp knife to my throat. "I was thinking maybe you could join the others here but you're too dangerous. You could get out too easily. You are just as stupid as your sister, trying to help someone else. That's why she ended up where Shane's mother is."

"Let go of her!" Shane yelled.

"Shut up Shane! You're almost as pathetic as everyone else here! And your mother! Had she married me and given me the fortune instead of your father none of you would have ended up here!" He said and slightly cut the knife through my throat and I screamed. I then saw Mark's glowing green eyes, it was him that night of the attack. It was him all along.

"You son of a bitch stop!!" I heard Aubrey scream and drop something glass on Mark. Mark screamed and was on the floor in pain.

"Go! Run!" Shane said when he was down.

"What about all you guys?!"

"Just go he's coming after you!" Shane yelled and Aubrey and I bolted up the stairs.

"The front door is locked!!" I yelled trying to get us out!!"

"It always is!!" Aubrey said and we ran upstairs into a bedroom and shut the door. There was running behind us.

"You won't get away!" Mark said stabbing a knife through the door and we screamed. We had behind the bed but suddenly the door broke down.

"Stupid girls you can't escape." He said and I ran to the corner but Mark got a hold of me. "You're first." He said. And I knew it, I knew I might die right there. But then I saw something, I saw a white glowing light.

"No!" I screamed and nailed him in the balls.

"We're not stupid!!" Aubrey yelled and jumped on top of him.

"Let go of me!!" Mark said and was attacking Aubrey. I tried to attack Mark but he grabbed ahold of me and slammed me onto the bed. He had the knife and cut my arm. I screamed and kicked him again. He lunged back and then Aubrey pushed him out the window and Mark fell all the way onto the ground.

Aubrey and I just looked at each other. "The police are on their way. Let's go get everyone untied." I said and that was that.

So short chapter, but a lot happened. What do you think the end result of this will all be? In other news, my first ever article about a school grant that I wrote got published in our local paper! Even though it's small, I'm very happy about it! 

Have a great week everybody,

DOLLO14