Chapter 13

The house is above ^^

The guys left around nine. After that Brooke and I watched a bad movie and then decided to go to bed. But that's when I got the first weird text message, from Shane.

Shane: Hejnmoh

Me: Umm what?

I was very confused. Maybe it had just been a butt dial or something. I never heard back from Shane though. After that I actually fell asleep relatively early, but woke up at midnight to the sound of my phone. It was Shane again.

Shane: Plshneb

What the heck was he doing? Was this some kind of dumb prank? I decided to call him.

"Hello? Shane?" I said when it picked up. No one answered though. All I could hear was static. It sounded like someone was moving. "Shane?" I asked. "Shane can you hear me? Where are you?" No answer. It then shut off. This was weird. Very weird. I suddenly had a terrible feeling that this should not be taken lightly. I then went into Brooke's room.

"Brooke." I said shaking her awake.

"What?" She asked grumpily.

"It's Shane. I think there's something wrong. His texts are super weird and no one is answering his phone. It sounds like someone is moving but no one is answering."

"Are you sure that's not Shane being drunk?"

"It might be. But with everything going on lately I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Could we just stop by his house if you don't mind?"

"If it makes you feel better, sure." Brooke said reluctantly getting out of bed.

"You're the best." I said.

"I know." She smirked. We left a note for her mom just in case and headed out to Shane's house only a couple minutes down the road.

"I should only be a couple of minutes." I said and ran up to the door. I rang the doorbell multiple times. I felt bad they were asleep, but I felt as though this was urgent.

Finally, it was Bridget who answered the door. "What do you want?" She asked. It was a very different tone than what she used the first night she met me. Then again, I knew Bridget wasn't that innocent and I had a feeling she knew that I knew too.

"Umm hi. Sorry to be a pain I know you were asleep but is Shane here? I just got some strange messages from him and he isn't answering his phone...I was just wondering if he was ok."

She sighed. "Look, Shane is fine. Sweetie, I really like you, you're great for Shane, don't be so clingy. Stop worrying about him."

"I'm sorry it's just that with everything that just happened-"

"To be honest, I think that maybe you should stay away from Shane. Your aunt just got killed and I don't think Shane needs that negativity back in his life."

"I also think he doesn't need the negativity of his step mom making out with his boss." Oh no, had that just come out?

Bridget looked shocked. "How do you know about that?"

"I saw it." I said. "I saw it one night after work."

Then she grabbed me. "Listen you little twit, don't you dare say anything to anyone, or I will ruin your life. Trust me, I have the power to. Now go!" She shoved me to the ground then shut the door. I ran back to the car.

"Is he ok?" Brooke asked when I got into the car.

"Basically, his step mom is a bitch and told me to stay away from him. I told her I knew about her making out with Mark and she grabbed me and told me she'd ruin my life"

"Holy shit she's a bitch! But is he ok?"

"I don't know. She said he was fine." Was she hurting Shane at all I wondered? My phone then started constantly buzzing.

"Hello?" I said picking it up.

"Give it up. Stay away. Or you'll be next. We warned you." The voice said and hung up.

"Was that him?" Brooke asked.

"Shane is not ok." Was all I responded. "It was a voice. Not his voice, that told me that they warned me and to stay away."

"Who do you think took him?"

"I don't know. We need to call the police." I said dialing 911.

"Damn right we do!"

"Wait." I said looking through my phone. "That address that was shaded onto the back of one notes. That's where he could be. Look here." I said showing her the picture on my phone.

"Do you really think so?"

"I don't know. It's worth a shot though. Someone might even have some information. We should go there before it's too late. We might be running out of time."

"We're still calling the police, right?"

"Yes, call them. And tell them to meet us there."

It was about a five minute drive to the house. It was just a simple neighborhood. You wouldn't think anything of it. Which is why it was suspicious. Why would it be so normal here? Did we have the wrong address?

"This is the right place." I said looking at the house. We then got out of the car and I rang the doorbell several times. No answer. Both of us then knocked on the door. No answer.

"This could be hopeless." Brooke said.

But then I heard a knocking, coming from somewhere. I then looked to my left and saw a little window in the basement. And a face in their. Someone was knocking in the window.

"Brooke, over there." I said and we ran over and opened the window. This girl looked to be in her 20s and absolutely tortured.

"Hi, my name is Aubrey. Are you Cate?"

"Yes." I said. How did she know my name?

"Your boyfriend is in here. Oh my god can you please help us and get us out of here?"

"Yes of course what's going on?"

"We've all been kidnapped. Elise and I have been here for a year."

"Brooke stay here." I said.

"No way are you kidding? You aren't going in there alone!"

"Brooke I need you to be here if someone comes or the police come."

"Ok but be careful and hurry."

I climbed into the window and Aubrey helped me. There was another girl in there, all looking as beaten and torn as the next, all of them tied up. Then there was both Shane and Alex in a corner, tied up too.

"Shane." I said and untied him. Aubrey helped untie Liam.

"God I'm so glad you're so smart." He said to me.

"What's going on?" i asked.

"I'll explain later. We have to get everyone untied first. I was able to get myself untied and then I was going to do everyone else until you came. We have to get out before he comes back. He actually forgot to lock the windows for once." Aubrey said.

"Who's he?" I asked.

A voice then crept up behind me. "Oh Cate, I think you know exactly who I am." 

I think we know exactly who it is too, or maybe not....cliffhanger chapter! There are only about two more left in this story! Also, I have not posted pictures of Cate, Shane, or any of the other characters in the story because I feel it is better that people can picture the characters how they want them to, based on description and your imagination!

DOLLO14