Chapter 11

"I can't freakin believe we're about to rob our boss's house." Brooke said the next night as we drove in the car to Mark's house. Yup we were seriously doing this, and I did not know how to feel at all.

"Technically, you're not robbing the house. You're just the lookout." Shane said.

"And he's not even my boss." Alex said. Yup he was dragged into this.

"Seriously guys what if we get caught?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah Shane, what if we do get caught?" I asked.

"If we don't think we're going to get caught, then we won't." Shane said.

"That's a horrible answer." I replied. Then we pulled up to a nice, Maine looking beach house.

"Ok." Shane said. No one's home the coast is clear. Brooke and Alex, you guys just stay in the car outside here, and tell us if anyone is coming through the walkies. They shouldn't be back until later. Are we clear?"

"Wow you really thought this through with the walkies and stuff." Brooke said.

"Yes, I'm more intelligent than you may think, Brooke. Now come on Cate."

"Ok." I said and then we started to proceed inside the house. Shane unlocked it with ease.

"Are you sure there's no one in here?" I whispered.

"Yes Cate there's no one. Why are you whispering?"

"I don't know!! In all the movies I know when people rob a house they whisper!"

"Alright let's quickly get upstairs. You check the office, I check the bedroom."

"Ok." I said. I then went into the office. Oh god there was stuff everywhere. This could be difficult.

I then started to search through the drawers, in the files, on the desktop, everything. But there wasn't any sign of anything remotely suspicious. Until I found a list of passwords. I thought nothing of it at first, but then I noticed that every password had a specific website to it. All the other passwords were very neatly typed up and this one was just written on their. The numbers were 10-24-68.

"Shane." I said going into the room.

"Did you find something?"

"Maybe. I don't know this is just a random password but it was just written on their and the others had websites that they were for."

Shane looked pale. "That's my mom's birthday."

"What?"

"No joke, that's my mom's birthday." Shane said and we went into the office. He tried the password on the computer. Nothing. We tried looking everywhere all over again, but still, nothing.

While I was shuffling through a pile of papers and looking, I got a really bad paper cut.

"Oww, do we have band aids anywhere?" I asked Shane.

"They're in the bathroom down the hall."

"What if we get caught?"

"Cate would you stop panicking we won't. Just go."

"Ok if you insist." I said and went down the hall. I tried looking for every possible place a band aid might be, in the cupboards and stuff, but couldn't find anything. I then decided to check if it was one of those openable mirrors and it was. I found band aids but then noticed something behind all the bathroom supplies. It was like a code box, something you had to punch in to get access to another part of the cabinet. It then clicked for me.