TSD 28: Tyrese Johnson

Start from the beginning

"Hmph. You cops don't give a shit about anything but catching the man and the man happened to be mine." She said, her tone filled with bitterness.

"Contrary to what you may think, some of us actually care." He said as he grew tired of her attitude.

It made her appear a lot uglier than she was.

"Lemme guess? You're the one that cares. Fuck outta here." She scoffed.

"Have a good night, Ka'Miko."  He said simply and walked away from her door.

"Okay, wait." She called after him.

He turned and looked at her, "Want to stay for dinner or something?" She asked.

He sighed and walked back to her door. She stepped aside letting him in. She felt bad for treating him like that, after all, no one forced Pharaoh to do the things that he did.

He took a seat on her couch and looked around.

"Would you like some coffee?" She asked.

"That would be nice." He said.

She put some water in the kettle and put it on the stove before coming back and taking a seat.

"Have you talk to Pharaoh lately?" He asked.

"No. He hasn't called me since our last conversation three weeks ago." She sighed, "I don't want to talk about it."

"Understandable. Let's talk about you, how have you been holding up?" He asked.

"More like holding down. Holding down my daughter and myself just fine." She shrugged.

"You know I'm fascinated with you." He said.

"Is that so?" She said.

"Yeah. I heard your story, it's amazing that you're still so strong even though you're so young." He told her.

"How old are you, Detective Johnson?" She asked,  ignoring his statements.

"I'm 25." He answered. "And call me, Tyrese."

He certainly didn't look like it. Their conversation was awkward, both stealing glances at one another.

She looked at him and he looked away. He looked at her and she looked away. She laughed at how childish it was.

"What are we in Kindergarten?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Maybe." She finished her laughter.

She sighed and turned back to the TV where 'Baby Boy' was playing.

He looked over at her once again.

"What's on your mind?" He asked her.

"Huh?"

"Nothing..you just look like you're thinking about something." He said.

"Detective Johnson-"

"Tyrese." He corrected.

"Tyrese," she began again, "I just want you to know that Pharaoh isn't a bad person." She felt the need to tell him, not like it made a difference but still.

"From what I've heard in the streets, I beg to differ as far as you go." He replied.

"What's that suppose to mean?" She asked as she became defensive.

"Nothing. I just heard he cheats on you, often. Don't really bring you out in public." He stood up, "And even hits you sometimes."

"But then again," He said as he walked over to the couch she was on. "That's how you like it." He said pulling her legs roughly around his waist causing her to slightly slide down the couch.