Chapter 3- A Saviours Redemption

Start from the beginning

Sighing, I pulled out my phone. Now, when you are drunk, you tend to do stupid things, and I did just that. Hastily scrolling through my contacts I clicked on the one I wanted most and before I knew it the familiar voice of Damon erupted in my ears. "Saige?" His voice sounded angered and also quite worried. I laughed.

"You're a mean, mean man, you know that?" I slurred, barely audible above the high amplitude of modern day rap.  A sigh was heard through the phone "Are you drunk? Where are you, I'm picking you up right now" He asked demandingly, possessively, causing my loins to twist and turn. "I barely know where I am myself, oh wait, erm, I think I'm in Bar 007."  Before I could evaluate my words I heard a snappy "I'm on my way." Before the familiar end of call signal told me all I needed to know.

Shit.

I whispered curse words to myself, exiting the bar in a hurry. A few stumbles here and there, but I was soon out on the streets, hearing heavy male laughter and women slurring against their ears. Tightening my jacket around myself I began falling home, quite literally having to stop myself from projectile vomiting against the nearest gutters.

A sudden increase in footsteps behind me had the hairs on my back standing straight. Damon. I hear a slight snigger behind me, angering my attitude. Why did he always turn up? Snapping my head around to face the unwanted visitor, my breath suddenly catches to notice it's not actually Damon. Two immense men face me, sinister grins on their faces. One was around 6ft 4, the other 6"3. Both had short black hair, slightly shaven at the sides. Everything about them screamed 'Run'.  Fuck sake I don't have time for this. "Can- can I help you?" I stumbled, my eyesight wavering, the alcohol too much to handle.

"A beautiful bitch like you, hell yeah."

Signals of fear rose immediately within me. Just as they did I felt a tight grip on my arm. "Get off of me." I stated plainly, but a slight crack in my voice highlighted my fear. They simply laughed to each other, moving closer towards me. I tugged at my arm, desperately trying to release myself from their vicious trap.

Before I knew it, the other man was at my right, they both began dragging me to the corner of the street. Beginning to scream weakly I lashed out with all my energy, resulting in a harsh slap to my face. I was weak, my alcohol infused body not responding correctly.  Tears threatened to fall as the harsh sting lingered against my cheek. I tried whimpering out protests but my body was closing down, the liquor now entering my head.

I open my eyes to now notice I'm on the floor, a quick flash of blood signalling me of an open wound on my knee. I hadn't even realised I had been hauled to the floor. The tears now seeped out as I desperately attempted to fight the predators away. Blinking away my blurred vision, I cry out seeing one of the men begin to remove his belt.

A sudden shrill noise has us all freezing. My phone began to ring. It took a while to register, but as fast as I could I reached into my pocket in effort to answer it. All my strength was preserved into this one movement, however a harsh boot to my arm had it skidding across the floor, out of my reach. I growled through my teeth, not allowing it to prevent me from furthering my movement. I pushed all other thoughts out of my mind, tearfully dragging myself against the concrete to my phone- which was still ringing. I needed to get it, it's all I knew at the time.

Providentially grabbing it, I swiftly pressed answer, it was Damon. "Saige where are-"I cut him off immediately. "Damon quick, help, these men!" I screamed into the microphone desperately. Suddenly a pair of tough arms gripped me from behind pulling me backwards as the other man ends the call immediately- but not before I heard the harsh breath emit from it. The man turns, his anger exposed unmistakeably by the fierce look in his eyes.

I cried out frantically, as he once again pressed his body forward, gripping my legs still. I was imprisoned, restrained against the icy floor as his jeans began to descend. Pain and fear coursed through my body, all thoughts of hope gone within seconds. I writhed against their grip, tasting the distinctive flavour of blood in my mouth.

I shut my eyes, weak as a throbbing pain emitted through my head. Just as all hope of escape diminished, the sudden sound of tires screeching had my eyes opening instantaneously. The man about to infiltrate me froze, whipping his head behind him. Immediately I saw him fall to the ground, as a figure came into view behind him. I felt the grip on my arms release, understanding that the man behind me had begun to flee.

A shot spiralled through the air, disturbing the sound of my hollow cries as the following sound of a body slumping to the ground had me holding my breath. I looked into the same grey eyes I usually associated with hatred, but only saw pain, anger and fear. Damon hurried to me, bending down. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, sobbing helplessly into his chest. "Shh, its okay, it's all over Saige." He cooed against my ear, stroking my hair softly.

I released a breath as I felt him pick me up bridal style, easily lifting my body against his. It's over, they can't hurt me anymore. Damon's here. Heading to his black Audi, he placed me into the passenger seat, kissing my forehead as he buckled my seatbelt. "Carter, take care of the men, I'm taking Saige to my house." He growled coldly, stiffening his back. Carter grunted, "Happily."

The engine revved into power as I saw Carter hauling the men over his shoulders, as if they were pigs for slaughter. I cringed at the sight, but Damon quickly turned my head to face him. "I never want you to see this side of me." His eyes were sincere, he almost looked sad. I stayed silent, closing my eyes as once more the pain kicked in. He remained staring at me, until eventually I felt the car begin to move as we headed to his house at an alarmingly dangerous speed.

Grateful was an understatement.

~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE AND COMMENT