Then, out of nowhere, there’s a sudden whisper behind my ear.

“Boo!”

I yelped and quickly closed my mouth when almost half the students in the hallway were looking at me. My face was burning red. I turned around to see who that stupid person is and to my surprise, it was the ‘devil’, Arthur Conrad.

He was laughing at me. “You should have seen your face. It was priceless,”

I frowned and even Adeline was holding her laughter.

“Why didn’t you tell me that he was behind me?” I asked her.

She smiled. “Sorry. Arthur told me not to.”

I looked back at him. I just want to strangle him right now. I could feel my cheeks were burning. But he just smiled at me.

“You looked so cute when you’re angry. I wish to stay longer but sorry I have to go. Bye now,” he said, smiling as he pinched my cheek and quickly scurried away before I could hit him.

“That jerk, huh, I just want to punch him,” I said as I stomp my foot.

Adeline said, “Okay now, forget about him. Let’s go to class. Mr. Tobias doesn’t like it when there are students who is late to his class remember.”

I sighed and nodded.

Luckily, I only have a few classes with Arthur. If not, I couldn’t imagine what my life will be having him in all of my classes. I’ve known Arthur since we were kids. Arthur has always teased and make fun of me. Also, both of our parents are best friends. Lucky me.

I was his slave when we were in middle school. He even declared to everyone that he was the only one who were allowed to bully me since well, we were childhood friends and all. I snorted at that. Friends, my ass.

Anyway, as I was saying, there was also a time when he sticks a piece of paper on my back, saying “I’m Arthur’s nerd. Call me nerdy puffball” How sick is that?

I end up crying at the washroom because I’ve become the students’ laughing stock.

Because of him too, I have enemies at school, especially from the girls’ side and the popular two-faced Marisa was the leader. She always glares at me and gives me some colourful words. And every time Arthur paid me a ‘visit’, the next day I would received a threat from her.

Marisa has a crush on Arthur and everyone knows that. But Arthur never really paid attention to her or any other girls at my school. Trust me, he’s being picky. But still, he loved all the attention he got from people.

Yeah, he’s the popular guy at school. He’s the captain of the football team, he got the look to die for, good grades and he’s filthy rich. But above it all, I hate him. I even wondered how the girls at school fall for him with that kind of attitude. He never serious and he love to do things in his way, unlike Nathaniel Oliver. He’s the second popular guy at school and I heard gossip that he doesn’t see eye to eye with Arthur. Hooray, at least I have someone on my side who doesn’t like Arthur Conrad.

“Psst,”

I look at Adeline. “What?”

“Mr. Tobias just asked you a question,” Adeline whispered.

I looked in front of the class. Mr. Tobias was raising an eyebrow to me.

“So Skye, do you know the answer?” he asked.

I grinned. “Sorry Mr. Tobias but can you repeat your question?” I said.

I heard giggling behind me. It was probably from Marisa and her friends.

“If you weren’t day-dreaming, you would’ve heard my question. Now, sit down,” Mr.  Tobias said and continued the lesson.

I sighed. Could this day get any worse?

Next lesson was P.E, my least favourite lesson. Don’t get me wrong. I love sports and exercising but during this P.E, the unpopular always get the beating.

What’s worse, Adeline was not here with me. She has a meeting for the drama club because the school festival is around the corner.

Mr. James, our gym teacher has gone out and asked us to enjoy ourselves.

Marisa grinned as she stepped to the centre with a ball in her hand.

“Who’s ready for dodge ball?”

And with that, all the snotty kids start to join Marisa, leaving me and the other not-so-popular students in one group.

All of them have volley balls in their hand. I let out a long breath and braced myself.