Chapter 9

Kellin's POV

Oh my god oh my god. They saw. What if they tell someone? What if they try and ask me? My mother would kill me if she found out that someone knew.

Did they believe me? I mean it looked like I'd fallen down the stairs, right?

I was pacing back and forth in the bathroom trying to reassure myself that everything was fine.

Eventually I managed to calm myself down and I head towards the cafeteria where I promised Vic I'd meet him and the guys for lunch.

As I walked through the doors I spotted Vic sat at the back table. I made a beeline towards the table but just as I was approaching I felt a hard whack around the side of my head and the whole cafeteria burst into laughter.

I put my hand up to my head and then looked at the floor to see what had been thrown. An apple was just lying there and I guessed that that's what had been thrown.

I brushed it off and headed towards the table where the guys were sat with sadness in their eyes. Why did they care about me? No one has ever cared about me. Not even my own parents so why should they? I'm just worthless.

Subconsciously I started to scratch my arm and didn't even notice until I saw Mike nudge Vic and subtlety point to my arm.

I quickly stopped my actions and sat down at the table flashing my famous fake smile.

Just as I sat down, my phone buzzed indicating I had a message. I looked to see it from my mother.

Mother: You worthless shit you'll be getting it when you come home!

My smile was instantly gone and instead a look of horror crossed my face.

I was just thinking of all the awful things that I'd be facing when I got home when Vic changed the subject.

"Hey Kellin, were all hanging out at mine and Mike's tonight, you wanna join?"

Usually my answer would have definitely been no because my mother would have it in for me but tonight I just couldn't face her.

"U-uh y-yeah I'd l-love to" I stammered.

As if it was planned, the bell rang meaning I had to get to class.

~ time skip to after school ~

I'd made it out. Usually I'd be beaten up or something on the way out but today nothing happened.

That's how I knew something was wrong.

I saw the guys waiting at what I presumed was their car and they waved me over.

Just as I was heading towards them I felt two strong arms pull me to the ground. I instantly recognised them as belonging to Brad.

I started to struggle but they just held me tighter. They started to punch me and kick me but didn't get very many in. Then I felt a cold liquid drip down my head and over my entire body.

They ran. I stood up and saw and saw 5 empty buckets by the side of me. Judging from the smell and look of it, I was covered in custard. I just sighed and made my way to the car.

When they guys saw me their jaws dropped but they immediately ran over to me.
"Omg what happened?"

"Who did this?"

"Did they do anything else?"

I smiled at their kindness and worry.
"No don't worry, they just covered me if custard" I lied. I didn't want to worry them more then they already were.

Tony then went to the boot and came out with a few towels. I gave him a questioning look. "Oh back in San Diego we used to go to the beach all the time so we always kept spare towels" he  answered

He handed me one and I got the most of it off but I was definitely going to need a shower.

"Alrighty then," said Jaime  "let's get you home"

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for all the reads and votes! I'd love you to comment and tell me what you think!

Xoxo