Chapter 6

Vic's POV

I quickly exchanged glances with the guys who all had the same concerned look etched onto their faces.

Back in San Diego, nothing like this ever happened. I mean yeah there were a few bad words thrown about but I've never heard anything close to this. He's not done anything wrong? Why is he being treated this way?

I grabbed my bag and shouted to the guys I would catch up with them later before sprinting out the canteen to see the raven haired boy disappear around the corner.

He had the advantage. I mean he knew the school and come on, it's only my first day! I picked up my pace just in time to see him run into the boys bathroom.

I stopped outside the door and just listened. I could hear the muffled sobs and him muttering " they're right. You're a w-waste of s-space Kellin. You're a f-faggot. You should just kill y-yourself already"

It broke my heart to hear him taking about himself like that. He was so perfect. His beautiful pale skin and long black locks that framed his face perfectly. I knew that I had to help him.

I pushed open the door and saw him balled up against the wall with his head in his knees. I approached him cautiously and attempted to not scare him. I knelt down in front on him and didn't touch him. From what I'd observed earlier, he wasn't one for physical contact.
"Kellin?" I whispered softly.
He looked up at me with wide eyes and I saw his beautiful brown orbs rimmed with tears.
"Kellin who was that?"
"Brad" he replied shakily, " he's the biggest b-bully in the s-school"
I felt so bad for him. I mean my life was pretty good. I had a nice house, a loving family and amazing friends. I'd never understood how he felt but I could at least try and make him feel a little better.
"Is it alright if I touch you?" I asked warily
His head snapped up and he looked terrified but he nodded nonetheless. I brought my hand up to his face and carefully wiped away the tears that were cascading down his face.
"I saw Brad and his clique leave the canteen. Come back with me? My friends loved you"

I could almost see the cogs turning in his head. Weighing up the good and the bad.  Eventually he answered me by muttering a shy "ok"

I reached for his hand and pulled him up. As soon as he let go I felt disappointed. I wanted to hold his hand for longer. Oh god. Was I developing a crush on Kellin Quinn? It was my first day and I was already falling. Hard.

Kellin's POV

I let go of his hand to pick up my bag and instantly missed the warmth. I couldn't like him. I couldn't let him in. He'd hurt me just like everyone else in my life.

Anyway I agreed to go back to lunch with him.
We were walking down the corridor when I started to panic. His friends were going to think I was pathetic, a loser! My breathing started to get erratic and as soon and then were in sight I started to wheeze. I couldn't breathe.

About 2 meters away from the table I grabbed my chest and fell to my knees. I wasn't getting any oxygen. My vision was starting to go blurry. Suddenly I saw, Tony was it? Kneel in front of me.
"Breathe Kellin. Copy me. In...out...In...out."
I did exactly what he said and soon my vision started to become clear again. I looked up at the boys with wide eyes and they were all staring at Tony, looking for answers.
"Panic attack." He said calmly. " I used to have them all the time. That's what my sister would do"

The boys helped me to my feet and we all sat back at the table. I looked at their expressions. They all just smiled at me warmly but I could still see they were concerned.

I tried to get the conversation away from me by asking them things. I found out that they were all from San Diego and they'd grown up together. Like one big Mexican family. I found myself internally sighing, wishing I had only a fraction of the family they had. All I had was an alcoholic father who left me and a mother who beat me up constantly.
Maybe this was my chance to finally get some friends.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for not uploading for so long. I kinda forgot this story existed :/ anyway I'm back now! I just wanted to say if any of you need to talk to someone if you're going through a rough time, I'm here :)

Xoxo