Chapter 33: Epiphany

Jude’s P.O.V

It was Stephanie and I didn’t know what to do. So I did the first thing that came in my mind. I immediately reversed the car and got the hell out of there.

“Jude? What are you doing?”

“Er getting out of here?”

“But-But why?”

“Didn’t you just see who was there right now?”

“Er Stephanie?”

“Exactly”

“But I thought you were giving her chance?”

“I was being an idiot” I admitted and turned away from my home. Wade and Sean caught up with us.

“Dude!” yelled Wade rolling down his window, “”what the hell was that about?”

“Stephanie”

“Yeah but that is your home ask her to get the hell out of there!”

“Yes well I just couldn’t think, besides I wasn’t in the mood for a confrontation tonight”

“Ok” said Natasha, “we can’t keep driving around all night in the hopes of avoiding her! Jude call her and tell her that your parents are with us and she needs to get out from there”

Just then my phone rang, speak of the devil. “Hello”

“Jude” screamed Stephanie shrilly, I winced and held my phone away from my ear. “What the hell? What was the meaning of zooming off like that?”

“Stephanie!” I yelled back, “what the hell are you doing there? I told you my parents are here with me!”

“Well if they are with you why are you yelling?”

“I have stopped the car and I am away from it”

“Oh ok. Well I wasn’t really thinking and I am sorry”

“Yeah a likely story” I scoffed.

“What is that supposed to mean”

“It means that Stephanie I am tired of your stupidity and your lies! You were just trying to stir up trouble between my parents and me. All you think of is yourself! You are so freaking selfish!” I took a deep breath after finishing my rant.

“Jude that is not true”

“You know what Stephanie; I don’t think I want to give us a try at all.”

“Jude please listen to me”

“I am done talking now please leave from there”

“You know what you are really angry I will speak to you tomorrow” and she hung up.

“Yeah don’t count on it” I said.

Natasha was giggling and I glared at her.

“What? It was so funny!”

“No it wasn’t!”

“Yes it was”

“Whatever”

“Wade!” I hollered, “lets go”

We drove like maniacs and when we reached there, I asked Natasha to go check if the coast was clear. She giggled like a moron and came and said, “All clear sir!” and mock saluted me. I rolled my eyes at her and got out of the car.

“Jude” reprimanded Sean, “that was the craziest thing you have done!”

“Well I wasn’t thinking”

“Guys stop” said Wade, “even Jude has his blonde moments”

Everyone laughed at my expense and I punched Wade hard.

“Dude! That hurt”

“Good” I said as I opened the door to my apartment.

“Sean what time are you leaving tomorrow?” asked Natasha.

“I will leave around noon”

“Oh god so we can all stay up and chit chat right now?”

“Oh yes just as soon as we change”

Wade and Sean took the spare room and went to change. Natasha and I went to my room to change. I changed quickly and went out to see Wade and Sean sitting on the couch. I went and sat down and said without preamble, “I like her”

“Who?”

“Natasha!”

“Finally!”

“What?”

“You finally realized that you liked her.”

“I knew it but I was scared but I have now realized that Natasha is not Stephanie”

“Yeah well spotted” said Sean.

“Guys stop making fun of me and tell me what do I do?”

“Tell her!” said Wade.

“Yeah but what?”

“God!” said Sean, “I am surrounded by idiots!”

“Hey!” said Wade and I.

“Look” said Sean, “just tell her how you feel”

“Ok. Do I do it with flowers?”

“Er Jude do you like someone for the first time?”

“No”

“Then what’s with all these questions?”

“Look I want to get it right this time! I can feel it she is the one!”

“Like you felt Stephanie was?”

“I was having a blonde moment” I said sheepishly.

“Fair enough” said Wade.

“Look guys, will you stop being so difficult and just help me out!” I aid imploringly.

“Well just tell her you like her”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah sensible girls like Natasha like it simple.”

“Ok, do I go tell her now?”

“No you idiot. Wait for tomorrow till we’re gone!”

“Heads up” coughed Sean and we all looked up to see Natasha walking in the kitchen.

“SO” said Sean changing the topic, “what are we doing tonight? Do we watch a movie?”

“Nope” said Natasha skipping over to us, “we are swapping ghost stories!”

“No!” yelled al three of us.

Natasha doubled up in laughter and said, “Relax I was just joking”

“I am hungry” said Wade.

“Aha a midnight snack” said Natasha rubbing her stomach. I smiled at her and said, “What do you want to eat?”

“I dunno”

“Wade?”

“I don’t mind a sandwich”

“A sandwich it is!” said Natasha and made a move to go make it.

“I’ll help” I said.

“Don’t be silly, spend some time with your brothers. Sean is leaving tomorrow for his university”

I smiled at her thoughtfulness and sat back while Natasha went to make some cheese sandwiches.

“So tomorrow after you guys leave I go up to Natasha and tell her I like her, right?”

“Yep”

“DO I get flowers for her?”

“Er while you are telling her you like her? Not really” said Wade.

“But you can say it over breakfast” said Sean and then suddenly clapped and said, “I know!”

“Shhhhhhhhhh” said Wade and I at the same time.

“Sorry” he whispered, “get her breakfast in bed that should soften her up a bit”

“Ok”

We sat in silence watching the TV when I spoke up again.

“What do I make for her?”

Sean smacked his hand to his forehead and Wade groaned. “What does she like?” asked Sean.

“She eats everything! I mean I have never heard her say no to any kind of food!”

Sean chuckled and said, “True”

“Make scrambled eggs, French toast, poached tomatoes, and a milkshake” said Wade.

“Too much fat” said Sean, “make boiled eggs, brown bread toast and a glass of juice!”

Wade and I stared at Sean, “What! Its healthy”

“I am not her nutritionist!” I exclaimed.

“Fine then make her the heavy breakfast with lots of fat. Don’t tell me when she wont fit into her wedding dress!”

“She never gains weight” I said smugly and Sean huffed. We returned to watching a wrestling match between John Cena and another wild looking wrestler.

“Oh he is so hot!” exclaimed Sean and wade and I rolled our eyes.

Natasha came in with a tray laden with sandwiches and four glasses of hot chocolate. I made space for her next to me and she sat down and rested her hid on the couch.

“Oooh he is one hot wrestler!” said Natasha looking at John Cena. I looked at her and then flexed my arms, “I have muscles” I said and she smiled. I saw Wade and Sean smirking at each other and stopped flexing my muscles.

I sat there eating my sandwich as we spoke about Sean’s college, Wade’s work, my work and then Natasha spoke up, “I want to learn interior designing!”

“That’s great” I said, “maybe you can help me out with my work then”

“You think so?” she asked with a huge smile.

“Yep” I nodded and saw Sean giving me a discreet thumbs up as if to say ‘way to go!’

“Maybe you could look up online for where the course is available and we could get you enrolled immediately”

“Really?” she yelled and I nodded.

“Oh Jude!” she turned and enveloped me in a tight hug.  I hugged her back and Wade and Sean both gave me the thumbs up this time and I grinned like an idiot.

We watched some more wrestling matches and then settled to watch a documentary about under sea animals. Natasha ooohed and aahed at all the colorful fish they showed and her enthusiasm was infectious. Soon we were all trying to see who could spot the most beautiful fish.

“Oh I wish I was a mermaid!” said Natasha and we all looked at her funnily. “Ever since I saw the little mermaid I wanted to be one!”

We all laughed at her and she glared at us, “Well you would make a pretty mermaid” I said and she blushed.

Wad and Sean grinned at me again and I smiled, I was on a roll tonight. I seemed to say all the right things tonight.

After an hour or so we all decided it was time to sleep. I switched off the TV and cleared the dishes while Natasha went to the room after wishing Wade and Sean a goodnight.

When I entered the room she had already snuggled in bed. I realized there was no ‘wall of pillows’. I started searching for the pillows in the dark.

“What are you doing?” asked Natasha.

“Searching for the pillows to make your wall”

“Don’t, I trust you” and I did a quick dance in the dark.

“Besides if you try anything well just to warn you I know kick boxing”

I laughed and got inside the bed next to her. I put an arm around her waist and waited, I was relieved when she didn’t say anything.

“Goodnight pretend husband”

“Goodnight pretend wife” I smiled and fell asleep.

Wade’s P.OV

As Sean and I lay there trying to sleep, I thought about Jude and Natasha and felt happy. Finally my idiot of a brother was realizing that she was the perfect girl for him.

“Sean?”

“Hmm”

“Isnt it great its all falling in place or Jude?”

“Yeah it is. I am glad the idiot realized before it was too late.”

“Yeah”

“It was fun though watching him squirm and not telling him that she likes him too”

“Yeah let him find out!”

“It will be a pleasant surprise for him!”

“Definitely”

“I think they should get married soon”

“I think they should enjoy the courtship phase first. They haven’t had a chance to do that yet. It would be nice for them to get to know each other some more and then get married.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right Sean. They completed skipped out on dating each other.”

“Yep, I think I might stay back and watch how it goes tomorrow”

“Yeah me too!”

Soon we fell asleep, excited about the morning.

Natasha’s P.O.V

I woke up in the morning and immediately felt there was something missing. I turned to see Jude was not in bed. It immediately made me pout.

I lay there lazing in bed, thinking about last night. Jude had been so supportive bout my decision and he also wanted me to help him with his work. Just like his mother helped his father I thought smiling.

Then just like that my smile slipped off when I thought of him and Stephanie. They ha spent the weekend right here where I lay. My mood turned sour and then I remembered what Sean had told me.

I had no right to be sulking about it, I mean if I had said something at that time or if Jude and I were in a relationship then it was another case altogether.

I sat up and was tying my hair up when Jude entered the room. I stared at him as he walked in carrying a tray laden with breakfast. As he neared I saw that it had scrambled eggs, French toast, poached tomatoes, a piece of roast chicken and a glass of strawberry milkshake.

It was so sweet of him!

“Wow what’s the occasion?”

“Do I need an occasion”

“Well normally you are used to people doing things for you not the other way around.”

“God! You make me sound like such a brat!”

“But you are!”

“Hey I took efforts to make this for you! I burnt th eggs twice before I got them right and you are just going to sit there and call me a brat?”

“I am sorry” I said smiling and straightened the bed up.

He lay the tray on the bed and sat next to me, “Breakfast is served.”

“I need to brush me teeth first”

“Sure”

I ran quickly and happily splashed water on my face and brushed my teeth quickly. I came back to see that a red rose lay on the tray. I looked ta Jude in puzzlement but he just studiously avoided my eyes.

I sat down and started digging into my scrambled eggs. I almost spat it out but made myself chew it anyway. There was a lot of salt in it and a few eggshells.

“How is it?” Jude asked and I smiled at him “wonderful”

“Really?”

I watched in horror as he picked up a spoon and was about to dig in. “Stop!”

“What’s wrong?”

“You have made this for me right?”

“Yeah?”

“So why are you eating from this?”

His eyes widened and he stared at me in disbelief, “you are going to finish all of this all by yourself?”

I hesitated and then nodded, “yep.”

“Ok but I can have a bite right?”

“Nope”

“Oh alright”

Then when I had just relaxed he put a spoonful in his mouth and spat it right out on the napkin.

“Are you crazy?”

“What?”

“That is your idea of wonderful? Why did you even eat that?”

“Cause you made it with so much effort?”

“Yep you are definitely crazy”

AS I made a move to pick up the French toast he stopped me. “Let me taste it first”

I nodded and saw as he made a face, “tasteless”

I laughed and dipped it in some ketchup, “There now it’s nice and tasty” I said. He smiled gratefully at me, thankfully the roast chicken and poached tomatoes were fine and the milkshake was perfect!

“Natasha I have something to tell you”

“What?”

“I um I really like your hair”

I looked at him in confusion, “er thanks I guess”

I looked at him as his jaw tightened, “Natasha I like you”

I couldn’t help it and I spat my milkshake out which just happened to land in his hair. He looked adorable with the milkshake falling drop by drop onto his forehead.

“Sorry” I said wiping my lips.

“Its cool” he said wiping the milkshake off his head and hair.

“So you were saying?”

“I was saying that I just realized that I realy really like you Nats”

“And how did you get your epiphany?”

“Well see I observed Stephanie and well I have observed you and when I compared-”

“You did what?”

“Compared?” he said suddenly unsure.

“Right, because you were at a store debating which show piece to buy?”

“No! No, no no, you’ve got me wrong!”

“No I don’t think so Jude”

“But-”

“I mean Stephanie comes into your life and you throw me right out like a like a discarded tissue!”

“But-”

“And then when you realize she is not all that she claimed to be you come back as if I was your back up plan!”

“But-”

“I am not a toy Jude Smith! You can not play with my heart like that.”

I got up and stormed out to see Wade and Sean scrambling away from our door.

“You!” I said pointing my finger at Sean, “you put him up to this?”

He shook his head vigorously and pointed a finger to Wade who shook his head and pointed his finger to the side and started when he realized no one was there.

I narrowed my eyes at them and the Sean motioned me to come towards him.

“What?”

“What are you doing he whispered?”

“What do you mean?”

“I thought you liked Jude?”

“Yes”

“Then?”

“Well it’s hard to accept someone likes you when they say that they have compared you with someone else!”

“Yeah that was a fail statement”

“You’re telling me!”

“Look give him a chance. He deserves a fair chance”

I plonked down on the couch and took a deep breath, “I guess you’re right. I over reacted.”

“Ya think?”

“What do I do now?”

“Lets see what Jude says”

I realized then that Wade had gone to speak to Jude.

Jude’s P.O.V:

Well that went well I thought drily. When Wade came in my room he found me sitting with my head in my hands.

“Jude! You screwed up royally!”

“Thanks for pointing out the obvious”

“Go make it up to her”

“Take her out on a real date”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you have taken her out to keep up pretenses, this time just take her for yourselves as in a real date!”

“I don’t think she will even talk to me right now”

“She will”

I picked up the rose from the bed and made my way determinedly to where Natasha was sitting. I kneeled out in front of her an surprisingly it didn’t feel corny or cheesy and I held up the rose to her and said, “Will you go out with me?”

She looked at me for a moment but it felt like an eternity and she said, “Yes” and took the rose from my hand.

Sean and Wade cheered like mad men and fist bumped me.

I got up and sat next to Natasha, “ok where do you want to go?”

“You decide, you plan this date, surprise me”

Oh dear God, what was I going to do?

A/N: Ha so what do you think Jude will plan for her? SO i decided to not put it on hold and upload it for you guys because you are so awesome! Leave a comment to let me know what you guys think and vote if you liked :D