Chapter 16: A secret revealed!

Recap: “Jude, she named her daughter after me”

“I thought you were happy about it!”

“I am! But what when they come to know that we were lying to them! What if they come to know about our deal?” I stared at her as her words sank in. What indeed?

Jude’s P.O.V:

Both of us were silent for the rest of the way home. I kept glancing at her troubled face. Natasha looked like she was about to cry any moment. Now that she mentioned it, I started thinking of the short comings of my not so brilliant plan. My entire family knew about it. Natasha’s close friend did. We were going to end up betraying the people we loved and cared about the most. There was no going back now though and I didn’t have to think about this for another year so I just sat back and tried to relax. We reached home soon and Natasha went straight to bed. I wasn’t sleepy for some reason. So I stayed in the living room trying to watch a movie but I kept thinking about Natasha’s words. I saw a note by the phone. Mrs. Bowers had already come and gone and she had left the note saying she had made lunch and dinner. I smiled and thanked God for Mrs. Bowers. My phone rang suddenly shaking me from my reverie. I answered wondering who could be calling on my home phone.

“Jude honey! Where are you? I have been calling you non stop!”

“Mom! I am sorry my phone was on silent mode” I remembered putting it on silent when Natasha glared at me after my phone went off in the hospital. I then proceeded to tell my mom about my day yesterday.

“Oh that’s great! You must congratulate Ellie and Gary and Kyle from your father and my behalf”

“I will mom”

“Alright. I was calling to remind you that you are coming home tomorrow with Natasha! We just can’t wait to meet her!” I winced thinking about Natasha throwing a fit about more betrayals.

“About that visit mom-”

“Don’t even think about it. Jude you are not getting out of this one.”

“Mom did you have to invite the entire family?” I asked panicking a little.

“I did not invite them all! It’s just that when well you know I told them about you settling down they wanted to meet the girl who managed the Herculean task.” I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration. 

“Mom we will be there tomorrow just keep it low key ok? I don’t want you to scare off the one girl who wants me!” I joked.

“Don’t be silly Jude. She’d be lucky to have you.” I smiled at my mom’s tone. 

“Bye mom, I love you.”

“I love you too son.” I hung up and frowned as I heard mumbling coming from my room. I went there and stopped as I heard Natasha’s worried tone.