Unconscious

2.Unconscious - RAY

It was afternoon. I was dressed in casual clothes, the rays of the sun spreading warmth right from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. I was basking in the light warmth when a horn sounded, and I opened my eyes to see Shayne park his car in front of my building. I walked up to his car and got inside, shutting the door and putting on the seat belt. Shayne looked up at me, then opening up his own seatbelt, he inched towards me.

One hand hiked up my skirt a little higher, his hand resting on my thigh, the touch waking my senses, and the other hand caressed my cheek as warm soft lips enveloped my own. And then his hands were gone, and he belted himself starting the car.

I gazed at him, and he looked at me once, with a full-blown smile.

"Hey."

I replied with a silent shy smile, my face a little warm, and I turned to look outside.

"You missed me?"

I nodded, my eyes on my nails, noting chipped paint on them that needed removal.

Should've been better prepared.

"You're a little quiet today."

I glanced at him sideways, and smiled at him to rest his queries.

"I'm alright. I'm just a little busy basking in the glorious weather today."

Shayne turned the steering wheel to make a U-turn, and his car sped on towards our destination.

His index finger caressed the skin of my thigh for a fraction of a second, making me feel a little ticklish, and then returned to the gear, while I covered my thigh by pulling down my skirt which had been pushed up by Shayne when he'd gone overboard with the small kiss.

I gave him a stony look, which he countered with his cheeky smile, and I laughed out.

"You're incorrigible, have you forgotten how to be a gentleman?"

He pulled up in front of Himari, a popular Korean food joint we loved going to, running for three years now.

Shayne walked up to my door and helped me out, locking his car and pocketing his keys after that.

"Why, I'm still all gentleman, taking my lady out for lunch and helping her step out of cars."

I hit him with my elbow as he ushered me inside Himari, and he feigned being mortally wounded.

A woman whose name-tag read 'Kate' greeted us.

"Good Afternoon Sir, Ma'am"

"Yes. Good Afternoon. Table for two."

"This way, sir."

Shayne held my hand and I followed him, as we were showed to our table.

Shayne pulled out my chair and made me sit. He sat down on the opposite end, and smiled at me adorably.

"I'm a gentleman, I proved that right now."

I rolled my eyes at him and tapped my nails on the table.

"Oh alright, alright. Let's see what we're going to eat."

A waiter came to our table as soon as I ended my sentence, and after little debate, we ordered.

"Drinks, sir, ma'am?"

Shayne showed him one finger.

"A bottle of Chardonnay will do."

Minutes passed, as we both talked about work, family, friends. The usual.

"You know, Grace was telling me, just recently, she'd met this new guy. Surprisingly, she was very secretive about it, I mean, mostly she's blabbering about everything, she can't keep quiet at all. And suddenly she slips up about this hot guy she likes, and then shuts up all too soon, and it leaves me wondering."