Harry shivered and inhaled deeply. Today was supposed to be great. Amazing, even. Christmas shopping and birthday shopping was a thing that had always come easy to Harry. But, of course, he just had to be stumped. Louis' birthday was on the 24th, Christmas Eve. The plans for Christmas were all over the place because Louis was so hesitant to call up his mother, so Harry couldn't exactly decide a date for his own family's Christmas get-together, and that means he didn't know where he'd be on the night of Louis' birthday. He wanted to take Louis out, obviously, and make it a wonderful day. Louis wasn't a people person, so Harry couldn't take him anywhere during the day, and Harry was sure that everything nice would be closed for Christmas Eve. Harry wanted to scream.

"Okay?" Liam asked. Harry nodded.

"Right. Let's try this store, you might find something." Liam guided Harry into a small shop with things like books and jewelry in the front.

Once inside, Harry knew this wasn't the store he would find something for Louis in. It smelled of gingerbread. Louis doesn't like gingerbread. He took that as a sign and walked out. This made Liam very grumpy, saying Harry was being too picky, but then Harry threatened to not get him anything for Christmas if he kept acting like that. While shopping, he did find some things for Christmas presents. A poetry book for Madeline (she's really nice and once mentioned she liked poetry), an artistic spin of a painted picture of Deadpool (for Zayn), a new set of alcohol-making appliances that Niall needed (with Liam's help, because Harry didn't know what anything was), and a toy helicopter for Liam (Harry told Liam it was for Madeline's brother).

"This," Harry said, stopping in his tracks to look up at the building. It was painted black. It looked scary. "Louis' present is in here."

Liam groaned and opened the door for Harry. "If we get murdered . . ." Liam trailed off.

Harry walked inside and wasn't surprised that it wasn't all too different from the outside. It was dim and painted black on the inside; Harry didn't know what the heck he was getting himself into.

"Welcome to Kinks for Kings, how may I help you?"

"Oh, God," Harry muttered.

December 6th.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

Louis scrunched his nose up, then rubbed his chin, and then said, "nothing."

"Louis," Harry said, voice firm. He was exhausted because he was out shopping for everyone else with Louis, and all day, Louis wouldn't hint at what he wanted. "I am tired. I am losing my gift-giving touch. Help me."

Louis moved to the floor where Harry was sitting in the middle of wrapping paper, and began kissing his neck.

"Not that kinda help," Harry whined out. Louis laughed and didn't stop. "Do you want a new lip ring?" Harry asked, and then Louis made a point of rubbing his lip ring against Harry's ear, because he knew Harry turned into a mess when he did that. "You can't just . . . lip piercing . . . jewelry? Present . . . Lou . . . Gifts. Birthday. Birthday," Harry spoke, his jumbled words not making any sense. But Louis ignored him and moved to the spot below his ear. That spot. "You can't . . . pull that card."

"Just take your shirt off."

Harry groaned and took his shirt off.

December 8th.

"I AM NOT KIDDING," Harry shouted, which woke Louis up. Harry spent his morning Googling gifts and watching YouTube videos of perfect gifts for your boyfriend, but nothing seemed good enough for Louis.