Chapter 25- Emergency

I'm sooooo sorry guys! Someone decided to be a total dunce yesterday and completely forgot to update...(three guesses who that is...) Once again, my sincerest apologies and without further ado, chapter 25!

>>>Recap: Jake is tasked with getting Chloe to the hospital to get an x-ray. He becomes frantic and enlists Martin's help as well as contacting Zoey. Just when things seem to be on track, Martin tells Jake they are stuck in traffic.<<<

Jake's Pov:

"MARTIN!!!!!!!" I lean forward to try and catch his attention.

"Sir, I have no way to try and avoid it." He tells me, shrugging in defeat.

"I DON'T CARE!!!!!" I bang my fist on the headboard of the drivers seat.

"Sir, are you insane?!"

I don't answer his question, but turn to look thoughtfully at the still unconscious Chloe.

"Martin, how far is it to the hospital?"

"Sir?"

"Martin! Answer!!!" I snap at him.

"Okay, okay! Geez..."

"...."

"What?"

"..."

"Ok fine. Hmmm.....maybe just down this street?" He shrugs again.

"WHAT!?"

"I said jus-"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY THIS SOONER?!?!?!" I yell at him.

"?!?!"

"MARTIN!"

"Yes, sir"

"WE ARE ABANDONING THE CAR! HELP ME CARRY HER THERE!!!"

"..."

"You serious?!" He asks, with an incredulous look on his face.

"Yes duh.... Or else I'll tell Katrina you ain't doing your work!"

I smirk at him, looking at his panicked face. But then he straightens up and he slips back into the familiar poker face.

"..."

"What does she have to do with this?" He asks.

"When she find out you're slacking off, she'll be sure to rip your balls off!"

I grin crazily, watching Martin sigh in resignation

''Fine."

"Ok so let's Go!

"Hai hai"

We move to get out of the car and lift her up, grabbing hold of her legs.

"Wait!!!"

Martin pauses, a questioning look on his face. Meanwhile, the people passing by on the road give us confused expressions, probably thinking we're crazy idiots.

"I need to call the hospital first!" I say.

"Right."

"Back pocket!"

"Got it" He takes the phone out and hands it to me.

I dial the number for the hospital and wait for the line to pick up, which it does after a few tries.

"Hello? Yeah, I don't know....Kinda. Yes, she fell down. Okay, got it. And thank you!" I say.

"Well?" Martin asks as I shove my phone back into my pocket.

"They said that the possibility is high, we need to get there quick. They also said that they'll come as far as they can to meet us."

"Ok."

"How far more?"

"If you weren't running backwards, you would have seen the paramedics.....like 200 meters away?"

"What?!" I turn around.

"There!"

"Oh..I see it..."

"Yeah."

"Martin, quickly now!!!"

"Yes, yes." he sighs tiredly.

The EMTs run down the pavement as Martin and I neared the hospital.

"We got her." they say upon reach, and help the still unconscious Chloe lie down on the bed.

I finally let go of the breath that I have been holding for god knows how long and run beside them.

"Is she fine?" I ask one of the paramedics.

"We don't know until we do some viral tests." He replies, before rushing ahead.

That is when they disappear through the emergency doors and immediately the red lights go on.

Oh... not again.......