Chapter 18- The Assumption

Ok guys, imagine Gabrielle Miller as Chloe's mom, if you don't know who she is, there is a picture on top for reference.

>>>Recap: After waking up, and spilling coke on himself, Jake went to shower and change his clothes. Before they could leave the house, Chloe's mom came home.<<<

Chloe's Pov:

This is bad. This Is very bad. THIS IS VERY VERY BAD!!! Ohmigod, how is someone like Jake going to hide in my room? His 5,8 figure is so distinguishing! Oh God, Oh god! Calm down Chloe, think! Think!

Jake just stood there like a wooden block. That. Isn't. Helping.

"Chloe? I see your school bag on the sofa...are you in your room?" Mom asks.

Oh god, am I supposed to say something? Uhhh...

"Oh ah...yes! I've just come out from the shower.." I yell back, randomly saying the first plausible thing that popped up into my mind.

"Tell me when I can come in, I need to get my phone that I left in your room." Mom's voice is closer towards the door now...

"Ok! Ok! Errr...5...minutes?" I look towards Jake who is standing nonchalantly in the middle of the room.

I make sure my mum is out of earshot before I turn around on Jake.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Either HIDE or GET OUT OF HERE!" I say, panicking.

"If you haven't noticed, it's morning and people are walking along the street, I will not climb out the window!" Jake states.

"Then HIDE!"

He slowly raises his eyebrows before gesturing around my room.

"Where am I supposed to hide? In your underwear drawer? That won't be a bad idea, actually." He said as he rubs his chin, acting as if he's seriously thinking.

"Pervert!" I shout and grab the first thing that was next to me which so happens to be my math textbook.

"Oww....." he says and rubs the spot I had just hit him at, "You know, if you didn't want your mom to find me, you could have said that sooner than complicating things..." he says and points behind me towards the door.

I turn around to see my mom looking very pissed off, leaning against the door frame, arms folded across her chest, giving me the "you-are-so-dead" look.

God damnit, since when did my life become so complicated? Oh right...since Jake came along...

Chloe's Mom's Pov:

WHAT THE HELL IS MY DAUGHTER DOING WITH A BOY IN HER ROOM? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

"Chloe! I thought I had raised you better young lady, now explain to me WHAT IS GOING ON?!" I all but yell at her.

"Mom, this is not what it looks like." she pleads imploringly.

"THEN? Or am I going to have to force the TRUTH out of you to why this boy over here is in your room and wearing your brothers clothes?"

"Uh...Mom, we were just doing this English project whic-"

"Then why is his hair wet?! Come with me right this instant!" I scream.

Chloe's Pov:

I start to follow her out of the room, giving Jake a side glance, and a pleading look. He just shrugs and makes a "shooing" motion towards the door. Great, how helpful. I sigh before making my way out the door.

"I thought I told you to tell me before you let anyone in the house, friend or not." my mmm starts to say.

"I-I forgot, Mom." I stammer.

"Well I don't know if that is the truth or am I going to assume that you two," she points back at my room, "just had sex." she starts to go off on a long spiel but I interrupt her.

"No! Mom it's just a misunderstanding!"

"Then why is he here so early in the morning and why is his car" she says pointing downwards "In the garage?"

Oh...shoot! I totally forgot about that.

"We fell asleep halfway through-" I try to explain, but before I did, my mom cut in

"Sex?"

"No! Mom, I told you we didn't do it!"

"Yeah, then why is his hair wet and why is he wearing Jonas's clothes?" She demands.

"He accidentally spilled stuff on his shirt!" I say indignantly.

"And that is why he changed all his clothes?"

"Mom, you got this all wrong. Calm down. Ok, so you think I had sex with Jake righ-"

"Ahh....so that boy's name is Jake aye?"

"That's not the point. The point is that you think I had sex. And this is what you so call my first boyfriend. So if we did, wouldn't there be like blood on my bed sheets and have the smell of sex all over my room. Plus, if you are going to say that it is because he showered and the smell dissipated or something, don't you think I would have gotten a shower, and since I didn't, I should still have the "smell of sex" all over me. You can go check if you want. So what actually happened was that we had this English project to do, i invited him over because his sister was having a sleepover. But we did it up till about 1am until I fell asleep. Then in the morning, he woke up with a start and spilled coke on himself. I offered to let him use the bathroom and borrow Jonas's clothes. We were about to leave when you came back and that's it. This is the truth, so if you don't believe me, go ask Jake or i don't know, clean my room for evidence. Now if you don't mind I need to get to class" I say

My mom's eyes widen and then soften in understanding.

"Don't worry honey, I believe you, I believe you. Now get to class before I get a call from Ms. Leyzandra." she tells me, before giving me a slight push towards the door.

With that I walk back to my room to get my stuff and grab Jake on the way before we head out the front door to the garage and start his car.e on the way before we head out the front door to the garage and start his car.