Chapter 13- What's Right

>>>Recap: Jake and Chloe are about to leave the hospital when they find out that Jake's mum's heart malfunctioned due to high pressure.<<<

Jake's Pov

As I hold my mother's hand waiting for her to wake up, the same thoughts plays over and over in my head. Why did I have to talk about Dad right in front of her? She is the one who had the greatest impact of all. Why did I have to make that big mistake?

Dawn is on the couch sleeping. I sent Chloe home because it was late. While I just pull up a chair near the hospital bed and sit there hoping for her to open her eyes, or at least give a sign of recognition that she is semi conscious.

The doctor said that because she had a lot of pressure near the vital section of the brain, she is currently in a very deep sleep. Something like a coma, with life support and everything. They also said that if she doesn't wake up in the next 72 hours, we need to decide whether or not to unhook her from the ICU tube.

4.35am... So it has been over 8 hours...I should probably try to get some sleep in before I get ready for school.

Right when I am about to get out of my seat, I feel a soft squeeze around my hand. I realise that I am still holding on to my mother's hand, and more importantly, she is about to regain consciousness.

"DOC! DOCTOR! SHE IS STARTING TO REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS!" I shout as I shoot up and slam my hand onto the red button next to the hospital bed "SIS! SHE'S WAKING UP!!!"

Dawn shot up and pushes herself off the couch so abruptly that you could see the red tint mark printed on the right side of her face.

Soon, the doctor and nurses flood into the room and basically kick us out. They say that we can't come in until somewhere in the afternoon 'because of the brain check and the time to rest'. We decide to head back and catch up on our sleep schedule and then hit off to school.

-----------------------------------Time Skip--------------------------------------

*ring ring ring*

"Sir! Your mother has finally regained consciousness after the brain check up. Please come here right now." Martin, my secretary tells me.

"Where's Dawn, Martin?"

"She is currently on her way there as we speak, sir."

"Good, I'll see you there later."

As fast as I pick the call up, so too did the conversation end. Let's see... I guess I have to skip 10th period Biology.

-----------------------------------Time Skip-----------------------------------------

Once I arrive at the room, a wave of relief washes over me as I see Dawn having a playful conversation with mom while Martin is behind her, typing onto his tab. He's probably working on the upcoming meeting that we have. I knock on the door twice before coming in.

"Mom..." I start. Dawn and Martin look at me, and as if telepathy is real, they understand and leave the room.

"Mom, I'm..."

"I know, dear. Your father's last wish is for the family to be happy and safe, and I am because of you. Seeing you trying your hardest makes me overjoyed." my mom says as tears well up in my eyes, blurring my vision. "Little, don't forget that he was also talking about you too, you're a part of this family." and that's it. Tears start to cascade down my cheeks as I hug mother tightly while she slowly and gently pats my head in attempt of comfort.

Now everything is fixed, unheard apologies are forgiven, and bonds are as strong as ever.