49: Unforgivable

Song: All Time Low by Jon Bellion

Amy didn't want to be broken.  She couldn't fathom not continuing on.

Two of her fingers were smashed to bits.  She was quite sure her nose was broken from the amount of blood oozing down her face.  As much as she tried not to, every time she instinctively sniffled, she broke the clots and more black gooey blood would ooze from her nose.  Both eyes were swollen and probably bruised.  She was also pretty sure one of her wrists was broken from pulling on the ropes holding her in her chair as it was now limp and she couldn't get it to move as hard as she tried.

Her saving grace?  This ghost of a man never touched her stomach.  He hit her where he thought it would hurt, and little did he know, she would take his harsh punches to the face and smashed fingers over him going for her stomach any day.  She would gladly take the hits to the face if he just stayed away from the little one.

"One more time, Amelia.  What is he planning next?"

"He's never told me anything."

They repeated this conversation for hours.  He wouldn't believe her, though.  At one point, he told her, "Of course he's told you.  I have it on good authority, you're all he likes in this world."

Yea, and he still dared to bring his sick and twisted games around me and Freddy. 

Finally, hours later, he left the room.  He left her tied to the cold steel chair.  He left her under the bright light in the sea of darkness that was the room.  She couldn't see any of her surroundings.  She only knew that the draft suggested she was in a warehouse of some type--a place where insulation didn't matter.  She knew the room was quite large from the distance he had to walk to get to said door. 

What was the worst--she needed to use the bathroom.  She currently had a teeny human being sitting on her bladder, and she knew she was close to saying fuck it.  Her tongue felt like cotton against the roof of her mouth she was so thirsty, and the rumbling of her stomach was a reminder that she hadn't eaten in what must have been several hours.  She was starved, since she wasn't eating properly even before she was taken by this soulless ghost of a man. 

She had no tears left to cry, but that's all Amy wanted to do.  All the times she asked the man where her son was, he just told her, "He will be found."  She knew that meant he didn't have Freddy, which she prayed to God was a good thing.  But where is he then?  Is he hurt?  Did he wander out of the motel room?

The dark path her thoughts were taking her was doing her no good.  She needed to focus on staying alive to be able to find Freddy, and she needed to keep her pregnancy hidden.  Those were her only two goals at that point.  Getting to a bathroom, like immediately, would be lovely, too.

A few minutes later, she heard the door open.  She cringed, already knowing whatever came next would hurt.  Slow footsteps finally brought him back into light.  In a lifeless, dead voice he said, "You're going to die here anyway.  If you hate him so much, why not make it a nice parting gift to give away his plans?"

"You... You're not listening."  She took as deep a breath as she could and continued, "He never told me anything.  I have nothing to tell you."

Annoyed, he ground out, "Well you can at least tell me if he liked my present."

Head still hanging low, she whispered, "Present?"

"The girl, Amelia."  She could tell he was starting to get really tired of her.

She roughly gasped, "What girl?"  Please, please, don't let it be what I think.

"I'm really starting to lose my patience.  Do you know that it takes a lot for me to lose my patience?  The lovely young woman that I sent as a warning to him, Amelia."

"That was you?"

"Well, of course."

"Oh no."  She couldn't help the words from falling from her lips.  She made a mistake.  A colossal fucking mistake.

"Oh no?" he asked her.  He then paused.  She could hear the wheels turning a mile a minute in that skeletal head of his.  She knew he had to be piecing together what she was.  "So just a hunch, Amelia, but is this why you hate him?"

She couldn't even form words.  She left J.  She hit him.  She screamed.  Of course he was disappointed in her.  He kept asking her to listen, but she wouldn't.  He didn't bring that into their house.  This monster sent that girl to the house.  Delivered her to the house.  She felt a huge weight drop from her shoulders to settle deep in her heart.  She was relieved that he didn't do anything to hurt that girl, but she was devastated that she jumped to the worst conclusions.

She knew from the beginning that she was waiting for the ball to drop.  He was a psycho with a criminal rap sheet longer than anyone in the world.  Jonny warned her that he was no good for her or Freddy.  She believed him.  She ate up every single word because she had absolutely no faith in the relationship she was building with J.  She had absolutely no faith in him. 

She knew she was fooling herself into believing the worst in him.  She told herself he gave her no reason to trust him, but now, with her head hung low, at her absolute worst, she found herself questioning everything that happened to her over the past couple months. 

He gave her no reason to not trust him.  He killed people that hurt her.  He may have enjoyed it, but he never once second-guessed that she was more important than every other person in the room.  He gave her and Freddy warmth and clothes and a home, but more than that, he gave them fun and happiness and goofiness.  He may have held a doctor at gun point to get her an ultrasound, but he made sure she was healthy at all costs.  He may have almost set the kitchen on fire, but he made sure Freddy had pancakes in the morning after their kidnapping.  He may have ruined the floors in Freddy's room, but he gave them a paint war and laughter to remember for years to come.  He may be the villain, but he soothed all of Freddy's nightmares and never once ruined Freddy's hero-worship of him. 

She knew it was too late.  J probably gave up on her.  He probably wasn't even looking for her or Freddy.  She left him.  She took Freddy and his unborn child and walked straight out the front door.  She didn't even take care of herself or Freddy in the meantime.  What right did she have to think he would be their hero once again?  He may have gotten them involved in this situation, but she was the one to put them in harm's way.  Why would he waste his resources coming to find them? 

And even if he was looking for them, she knew it wouldn't be to get her back.  He would only be looking to get the mother of his unborn-child back.  He liked Freddy, so he probably wanted to keep him around, too. 

This time, I did it to myself.  No one gave me back to the foster system this time.  No one said they didn't have the finances to take care of me this time.  When I walked out of that front door, I walked out on the only person that didn't push me away.  And I'm calling him the crazy one?

"Ahhhh... so I'm right, Amelia.  Lovely.  You thought it was him.  But my next question, why would he nail a sign with your name to the girl's chest if he could just hurt you himself?"

And that's why he didn't want me going near her.  He didn't want me to see this sign.  As the reality of the entire situation sunk in, her stomach turned, and as hard as she tried not to, she hung her head to the side and got sick right next to the chair.

I'm unforgivable.  I'm the lunatic.  I'm the horrible person.

A/N:  So what do you all think?  We finally know where this girl came from, and as I told a couple people, it was a very simple, but scary story.  What do you think happened to Freddy?  What's going on with J?  Does he even care to find her and Freddy?  Let me know what you think!

Until next time, lovelies!  Ta!