33: Confusion

She knew she didn't want to mess with him while he was still figuring out what was going on.  She knew when the henchman grabbed Freddy's little arm and dragged him out of the shower stall, she was going to be fine with whatever consequences there were for this man.  She didn't say anything, but she pointed towards the specific henchman.

The Joker came out to play in full force.  "Isn't she a pretty little thing, this woman?  She is pretty."  The Joker turned towards the henchman, aiming his questions towards the large man.  "She's the prettiest darned thing I ever did see.  But you know?  Bruises are ugly."  He paused while slowly pulling a gun out of one holster.  Amy squeaked.  She knew what was coming, but she didn't want to see it.  "Turn your head and cover the boy's ears, Amelia.  This isn't a game for him to play with Daddy."

Amy slowly covered Freddy's ears and laid over him.  She laid her head on his little head, wanting to shield him from what their lives had become.  She didn't want this.  She didn't want people to die.  More than that, she wanted people to stop hurting her and Freddy.  J would do that.  He was good at that.  I can't believe I just thought that.

She jumped and held Freddy tighter when she heard the quick gun shot.  She heard J start laughing wildly, and she didn't find it at all funny.  She wanted all the horror to end.  She wanted Freddy away from the terror.

Even though she knew it was going to happen, she wasn't prepared for it.  She shook as she continued to hold Freddy's ears.  Even though she tried to mask the sound, he woke up after the loud bang.  After waking up, Freddy went to turn his head, but she didn't allow him to.  She told him, "It's ok Freddy.  The Joker is here to save us."

She then felt a gentle touch on her back.  She shivered and didn't want to move.  She wanted it all to go away.  She wanted to feel safe, and she thought it was this house she was going to be safe in.  She realized that it was only around the Joker that she felt safe.

She felt a soft touch on her waist, and she peeked her head up.  J looked down at both of them huddled on the couch.  He told her, "Come here, kitten.  It's over.  You have nothing else to be afraid of."

She slowly leaned back off of Freddy, and Freddy pushed out from under her.  He jumped up and rushed to J with his arms outstretched.  J caught the boy in his arms, and she tentatively stood up.  J held Freddy with one arm and reached the other to her waist.  Once she went to him and hugged him and Freddy, he started guiding them towards the stairs.  He yelled back towards the other henchmen, "Clean this shit up!"

"HOWARD?!  Where did he go in all of this?" she screeched.  She didn't hear a peep from him.  Was he dead?  Was he hiding?  Where could he be?

One of the henchmen told them, "He was locked in a room after everything happened and Jimmy went to get the girl and her boy."

She immediately ran up the stairs towards his room.  Once she reached the door, she pounded on it.  "Howard?  Are you ok?"

J was right behind her, still carrying a Freddy that was clutching his shirt so fiercely, she thought she would never pry the boy off of him.  She heard a muffled, "Mistress Amelia!  Oh, I'm so happy you're ok!  I'm fine, miss."

J took out a ring of keys and held one out to her.  After she opened the door, she flew towards Howard.  She didn't know him well, but she knew he wasn't one of the bad guys.  "What happened?  Why did he lock you in here?"

With a too-straight face, he explained, "Well, miss, I told him I would castrate him if you and Master Freddy were hurt.  He didn't like that very much.  I do not understand why he went after you two like that, honestly."  He looked frazzled but determined.  She liked Howard.  And she really respected this man, now.