Guy's Worst Nightmare

It was 2 weeks since the photo shoot happened; when my mother's magazine was released, majority of it was positive reviews. But the big mystery of it all.

Who was the brunette beside Lucas Friar?

It was the big mystery for about 3 days before people finally moved onto a different news story. But the magazine was an overall success. It had many good reviews and people were excited for the November issue.

Luckily, things weren't awkward between me and Riley afterwards. I mean, my crush kissed all over my neck and face. You'd expect some awkward tension between us. But we carried on with our lives as if nothing ever happened. She got her cheese steak in the end. I think that was all she really cared about.

Remember that deal I made with Riley for her to do the shoot?

Well I forgot about it... until she tackled me in the hall after school. I was at my locker finishing up my conversation with Mark, a kid from my English, about the book we were reading in class. A few seconds after he walks away, a felt a weight on my back, causing me to lose my balance and almost fall over. "Lucas," a voice cheered in my ear. Riley. I should have known. "Hello," she craned her neck out to meet my eyes.

"Riley," I smiled as I held her on my back. "What are you doing?" I questioned before she hopped off my back, muttering a quick sorry.

"We have a wedding this weekend," she said with a smile, as mine dropped. She noticed this and furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" she held a confused expression on her face. And when I didn't answer, her face dropped. "You forgot, didn't you?" I stared in her eyes with a guilty look n my face. "Of course you did," she says breathy, then muttered incoherent words.

"I'm sorry," I said with all honesty.

"It's fine," she shrugs and turns to walk away.

"Rile-"

"I'm fine," she sternly stated. "I'll see you Monday," she sighs as walks away.

"Riley," I ran up to her. I place my hands on her shoulders to get her to stop walking. "Let me make it up to you."

She raises an eyebrow. "That's not necessary."

"Let-"

"You don't have to."

"I want to," I stop her. She motions me to continue. "Let me buy you a dress for the wedding." She lightly smiles.

"That," she nods, "is really, really unnecessary." Throwing caution out the window, I picked her up and carried her out to my car. "Lucas," she hit back. "Put me down." I finally let her feet touch the ground when we reach the passengers side. "Thank you," she breathed out. I open the door for her and usher her to get in. "Lucas, I'm not letting you do this."

"Too bad," I said before pushing her inside along with her bag. I closed the door and run to the driver's side. "I am getting you a dress," I sit down and buckle up, "whether you like it or not." She huffed and leaned back in her seat as I pulled out of the parking lot.

-

I think every guy could agree that they hated going to the mall. That it's basically a guy's worst nightmare. It wasn't so much the shopping factor, it was more of the waiting and having no patience. So this trip to the mall could have led to something great or make me want to kill myself.

It was a bit of both.

I sometimes forgot Riley was a girl. I know, not a hard thing to forget. Especially since she had all the parts of a girl. But, Riley wasn't like other girls I've known. She never cared for extravagant or materialistic things. She liked casual and simple clothes. But what made me want to kill myself was the fact that she didn't want anything extravagant and fancy. But this was for a wedding. It was supposed to be fancy. We were walking through the mall making our way to Macy's while she was stuffing her face with a Wetzel's Pretzel. "Do you have any idea what you want?" I ask referring to dresses.