Classy

Tuesday. The day after Monday. Yet it is also one of the most hated days of the week. But Tuesday's always seem to go by so quickly that when Wednesday comes you can't believe it's already the middle of the week. But this Tuesday. It had a whole different feeling to it. It wasn't the ordinary Tuesday that went by so fast you forgot what you learned in class. No, this Tuesday seemed to drag on longer than other days. It was probably because I had 2 tests today.

Or it was the fact that Riley was going to find out if she got the part or not in Les Mis.

It was the start of lunch, I walked through those cafeteria doors with Farkle by my side who wouldn't stop talking about electrons and other stuff about the periodic table. As we grab our same old lunch food and head to our same old table. As I set my tray down on the table, Riley came rushing through the doors with a paper in her hand. "Farkle, Lucas," she exclaimed as she ran towards us. As she got closer, she didn't notice a stray backpack sticking out; Riley trips over the backpack and falls. But before her body could make impact with the floor, I ran to her with my arms sticking out and caught her. Her eyes where tightly shut, as she was waiting for the hard impact with the floor. But once she realized that it never came, she opened her eyes. "Oh, hi," she whispered.

I hesitate a smile and respond back to her. "Hi," I tried to speak out more confidently, but it came out very...breathy if that's the correct word. We stayed like this for a moment, staring into each other's eyes. Green on brown. It wasn't until I noticed the position we were in that I lifted her back onto her feet. "You okay, Riley?"

Riley had a quick smirk on her face, but it was immediately vanished to a confused worried face. "Who's Riley?" she questioned with a raised eyebrow.

What?! Wait why didn't I say that out loud. "What?"

Riley holds out the paper with a big smirk drawn across her face. "I'm sorry, my name is Eponine, I don't know any Riley." Oh shit she got the part. I engulfed her in a big hug, lifting her off the ground as she giggled at my childish behavior.

"I'm so happy for you Riles. I knew you would get it," I was still spinning her around. In that moment, it just felt like me and Riley. Riley and me. No one else. As if all the sound of the outside world was blanked out. What only mattered was Riley in my arms. I stop spinning us around, yet I continue to hold her in my arms. She lifts her head off of my shoulder and stares into my eyes. Let me tell you. Brown is one of the most hated colors, but Riley's eyes were different. They had little golden flecks of gold and green in her eyes. They sparkled like a diamond in the light and they always brightened when she was happy. And they would darken when she was angry or sad.

"Um Lucas," she snaps me out of my daze. I realize our position and I quickly put her down. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a smirking Farkle.

"Congratulations Riley. I knew how much you wanted it." Farkle stood up and gave Riley a tight hug. They both pull away, but Riley still has that beaming smile on her face from when she first came bursting through the cafeteria doors.

"Thank you. But if you see Missy, keep it minimal to none. She's going on a little rampage out in the hall right now," Riley warned. Immediately after, there was a loud scream and crashing sound from out in the hallway. All heads were turned towards the doors. "See what I mean," she releases a small giggle. "I'm gonna get lunch."

"Bye Riley," I say as she walks off to the lunch line. I zone out as she walks away, mostly noticing her attire. Grey sweats and a black t-shirt. Just as she said. A smack on the arm breaks my gaze off of Riley to my friend next to me. "Ow! Farkle what the hell?"

"Don't Farkle me. I saw that look." He turns back to the plate of spaghetti sitting in front of him.

"What look?"