Gimme Gimme

Monday came around pretty quickly. Sunday, it felt like it never happened. Probably with the fact that I was still in shock of the kiss from Riley. I couldn't forget it. The way she looked. The way she dressed. The way she would never let me go. I couldn't forget her. Monday was auditions for Les Mis and I promised Riley I would be there. Whether she made it or not. But I'm not skipping straight the the auditions. No. I would be cutting out vital information from this story. No. We had to start from the beginning of the day.

I wake up in my room. The same old room with my everyday things. Nothing was special really about this morning. Except one thing, it was Riley's audition day. That's the only thing that motivated me that day to get past the fact that it was 7:00 on a Monday morning. I got to lazy to walk down the stairs and took the elevator down instead. Yes, we have an elevator. My parents were both home, but we're still asleep. My mother was jet lagged and my dad didn't come home from work until 4:00 in the morning. You'd believe that being the rich kid meant you got to see your parents a lot. That was the biggest lie I've ever heard. My parents were never home. And when they were, they were asleep or doing work. I had my same breakfast that I had every morning. I got dressed in my everyday attire. I may be rich, but it gets pretty boring around this house. Nothing changes much around here accept the car I drive and the outfits we wear.

I pulled up to school and made my way to my locker. Farkle and Maya ran up to me once they saw me. "Hey Lucas," Maya pates my back trying to get my attention. I turn around with a look for her to continue. "How was your date with Riley?" she ask with a big smirk on her face, nudging me in the stomach with her elbow. She starts winking at me, and wiggling her eyebrows.

"Would you stop that?" I grab her elbow, lightly pushing it away. I look over at Farkle who is raising his eyebrows up and down, with a giant smirk on his face. "Would YOU stop that?" referring to Farkle. "How did you even know that I was with Riley?"

"1) You're a celebrity," she remarks giving me a 'duh you idiot' face. "There are pictures of you two all over the Internet. It's in a lot of magazines too say 'Friar's Mystery Girl. Who is she?' and stupid stuff like that. 2) Just admit you went on a date with Riley. It's cool dude just say you did," Maya responds.

"Yeah, if you want to date Riley go for it dude," Farkle reassures me patting on the back. I remove his arm and turn back to my locker.

"First of, me and Riley did not go on a date." I start shoving my books into my backpack. "Second, it was two friends hanging out together at a fair on a Saturday." I slam my locker close and turn back to Maya and Farkle. "Third, me and Riley are friends. Emphasis friends, okay?" I slug my backpack over my shoulder. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, Charlie Gardner showed up.

Let me give you the details. Me, Charile, we don't like each other. In fact we hate each other. Back in middle school, me and Charlie used to be really close. Surprisingly, he was the better looking of us two. But obviously that's all settled now. Anyways, Charlie started hanging out with other people, bad people. People that did drugs, were heavy drinkers, and were better looking than I was at the time. Eventually, he flat out left me. He tried to become best friends with me again once I grew out of my awkward stage and my dad started bringing home truckloads of money. But I knew better. I knew that he was only using me for my wealth and my looks, not really wanting to be my friend again. I straight out told Charlie no, and he left for his "friends." Nice, innocent Charlie became not so innocent. He started doing drugs, drinking heavy amounts of alcohol a day, and used girls 24/7. He lost his virginity before freshman year. To put it all together, Charlie is a douche.

"Hey Friar," he called for across the hall. He walked up with a smirk on his face. Oh you don't know how much I wanted to smack him across the face. "I hear things are getting pretty serious with you and that Brunette chick."