Perfect Score

When someone is mad, it's hard to tell if they are good at covering up their feelings. Riley is the same way. She was good at covering up her emotions. Though I never for the rest of the day she was angry, she had the look of boredom on her face. She wasn't giggling or laughing like she was before. She constantly looked down at the floor, out a window, or down at her notes.

By the end of the day, she was the first out of the classroom and the first in the hall. When I saw her at her locker, she was frantically pulling books out and replacing them with the books she needed for homework. She got worked up and ended up dropping the books in her hand. I rushed over and helped her pick them up. "Thank you," she mumbled.

"You're welcome." I turn my back and start to head towards my locker. I did the routine Riley showed me and got my locker open. Girls surroundings me swooned over this, guys thought it was cool and tried to do it to there own locker. As I was putting my books away, I heard a loud bang behind me. I shapely turned and saw all of Riley's books on the floor. Her backpack had a large hole in the bottom, and the seams of her backpack were on their last life. I quickly finished what I was doing and went to help Riley. I gave her her books and she gave a small smile. She walked over to the nearest trash can and through out her backpack after emptying it.

Across from the garage was a table and chair, she placed her books down and sat in the chair, leaned on the table, covering her face with her hands. She stayed like that until the hallways cleared out. I stood there and watched her. I could have left 10 minutes ago, but something inside of me didn't want to leave.

The hallways were empty, nothing but silence. She finally moved, grasping her pencil case with her might. She shot of her chair and aggressively through the pencil case at the wall. Riley slumped back down in the chair, her elbows on her knees rubbing her temples. "Is there a reason you're still here Lucas?"

"Do you want a ride home?" She looks up at me with marks from where see was leaning on her face. She picked up her pencil case and got her books. She started walking down the hallway, leaving me behind. She turned around. "You driving me home or what?"

I held open the door for her and she carried her books. "Where's your car?" I pointed to the only car in the lot. When Riley saw it, she wasn't fazed. She stumbled over the the car, trying to open the passenger side door. I opened the door for her as she got inside. I got to the driver's side and got inside.

The car ride was silent, the only sounds we heard were from the busyness of outside. I pulled up to her apartment and waited for her to go inside. When Riley got to the door open, she mouthed "Thank you" before she closed the door. I drive off heading home.

     When I arrived home, I tossed my valet the keys and walked inside. My butler, Andrew, to my backpack for me and placed it in my room. I sat down at the dining table where snacks were all laid out. I grabbed a water from my fridge and I opened up Google on my computer. The search bar came up and I typed in...

     Riley Matthews

     No information on the Riley Matthews I know came up. With what felt like hours of searching, I eventually gave up. I headed upstairs to my room and started to do homework. After that, I did my daily workouts and showered. Around dinner, I ate by myself. My mother was in Milan this week and my father was on a business trip to California. Around 11:00 I eventually went to bed.

     The next morning I woke up again and got ready for school, the same basic routine as yesterday. As I leave the house I grab the keys to my Ferrari 458.

      If I said that I didn't get attention when I pulled up to the school today, I'd be lying

      If I said that I didn't get attention when I pulled up to the school today, I'd be lying. I tugged my backpack over my shoulder and walked inside. I head to my locker and put away any books I didn't need for the morning. I heard footsteps behind me. I turn and see Riley carrying one of those recycled bags as a backpack. She gave me a small smile then turned back to her locker.

     I turn back to mine and continue what I was doing until I feel someone tap me on the back. I turn and see a girl with brown eyes and brown hair, but she wasn't Riley. "Hi I'm Missy," she introduces herself. As I'm about to say my name, she cuts me off. "Don't worry. I already know who you are." I open my mouth to speak again, but she cuts me off. "We should hang out sometime. Pick me up at 7:00." Then she blows me a kiss and walks off.

     What the hell just happened?

     "You got asked out by Missy Bradford you dumbo."

     Did I jut say that out loud?

     "Yes, now stop doing that it's freaking me out," Riley jokes nudging me in the arm. I laughed but stopped abruptly.

Flashback

"The only person I wish didn't know my name was Missy Bradford."

End of Flashback

"Riley, was that girl Missy Bradford?"

"Yeah. That was her. Don't worry about what I said if you want to go on that date with her," she closes her locker shut. I have her a weird look.

Why is she okay with this is she doesn't like her.

"1, you have to learn not to speak when you're thinking. 2, yes I don't like her only because brings up my life situations."

"What do you mean life situations?"

"Let's put it this way. You have that death machine you call a car outside, I have these things called legs I use to get me places." I purse my lips together and nod my head. "But on the plus side, I'm the second smartest in our grade after Farkle while Missy can't tell the difference between then and than."

I laugh at her remark and we walked together to our first period class. Now to recap, it was my second day at this school while for everyone else they were starting their second week of school, so they already had previous homework assignments. Mr. Finley began to walk around the room handing out the graded homework from what I assume was from last week. I looked over when Riley got hers back. She had a smirk on her face and looked over at me with her perfect 100. She put the paper in her backpack then began taking notes written on the board.

     That was the first time I found out how smart Riley was.