Rebecca Black

It was official.

It was Friday.

Where's that shitty Rebecca Black song when you needed it?

But getting back to reality, I was not ready. Well I was, photo shoot wise, but the Riley aspect of the situation, I was not prepared for that. I stared up at my white ceiling before a ding on my phone broke my intense trance from the ceiling.

Riley
>>> If I have to wear a dress I'm leaving

I snickered to myself before replying.

Riley
<<< No hello or good morning? Feeling the love

Riley
>>> Good morning cry baby. I'll see you at school.

And smile at her text and throw the phone on the bed. I got ready for school and made my way downstairs, my mom was on the phone and breakfast was already on the table.

Typical mornings, but a little different today, probably he fact that I got to see my mom at breakfast.

But I shrugged away that thought and sat at the table where a plate of pancakes, fruit, and bacon were waiting for me. As wonderful as the breakfast was, I just wanted yogurt and a granola bar so I could head to school already, and ignore the silence between me and my mom right now. "So," my mom breaks the silence. "You excited for today?"

Yeah, i'm really excited to do a romantic photo shoot with my crush, it's cool. "I guess you could say that," i speak with slight enjoyment in my voice so she wouldn't question otherwise. I quickly eat my food and kiss my mom's cheek. "By mom, I'll see you after school." I head out the door, grab my keys and drive off to school.

-

I tend to notice random things when i begin to zone out in class. Everyone does it. They realize something that was so obvious or just really overthink something and think they found a scientific breakthrough.

I'll just leave the science for Farkle.

Anyways, this is what I noticed. When you're in a class that you enjoy, the period tends to go by. Speed through. That by the end of class you barely removed what you learned even if you were paying attention.

If you're in a class that you dislike, those tend to go by the slowest. Absolute snail pace slow. There's no way around. Especially if it's last period, you feel like you've sat at your desk for 10 years, when in reality, you've probably been sitting there for only 10 minutes.

Time tends to speed or slow down with almost everything. Like when you wake up and you check your phone. You think you've been on it for 5 minutes when in reality 20 minutes past and you find yourself rushing to get ready for school. Or when you are somewhere that you get to leave at a certain time, and what feels like 50 minutes is actually 1 minute. Or looking forward to something at a certain time and everything seems to go in slow motion.

I really don't know how this came into my head. It's probably because of the photo shoot if i'm being honest with myself. I'm looking forward to it yet I'm  freaking out inside. I've done stuff like this plenty of times before. The nerves are most likely from the fact that i'm doing this with Riley. The same person who has been jokingly harassing me about this whole situation. I'm forced to get cheese steaks after this. 

But this idea might have popped into my head with the reason that it just felt like I walked into school for 1st period and it's already the end of the day. I walk out of class throwing my bag over my shoulder and heading to my locker. I continue taking my books out of my locker until I hear a voice from behind me. "Hey Lucas." And from the feminine, squeaky voice, I knew who it was immediately.