Call Me Adam Sandler

When my parents weren't home, they always were doing something with the multiple businesses, corporations, and magazines they owned. They found work more important than their life at home...especially their life with me. So when I came home from school a week after finding out y feelings for Riley and her receiving the role of Eponine, I was more surprised than happy to see my mom sitting at the table with her head in her computer, numerous papers around the table, and her on the phone.

"Mom? What are you doing here? You left for Paris Friday." Its Tuesday, I can assume you can do that math.

"Well, I have to get the new issue out for my magazine and I have not even started it. But I have an idea that you will love." Me, why me? Oh no.

"Is this your way of asking me to be in your magazine, mom?" I ask setting my backpack down. I walk over to her and without her even looking up, I could see the pleading look on her face. Don't get me wrong, I love helping out my mom with her magazine, we actually bond more over it because she is never home. But I hate when she would throw things at me last minute. "Fine, I'll do it." he rises from her chair and gives me a bear hug.

"Thank you baby boy. I love you."

"I love you too, mom." I love these moments, what can I say? I'm a momma's boy. Always will be. When you have my living situation, you always crave affection from your parents because they are never there. "What's this next issue going to be?" I pull away from her hug and sit in the chair next to her.

"Well, I plan on doing a couple's cover." I open my mouth to say something but she beats me to it. "And before you say anything, yes I know your'e single and everything but October is usually when most people have their weddings. So i'm going to get Giselle Williams to do the cover with you."

My eyes widen. "No, mom no. I am not doing the issue with Giselle Williams."

"But honey-"

"No mom. I don't care if shes the hottest model my age out there. You know how much I hate here. If you get her to do the issue, I'm not doing it." Her eyes are pleading with me, but I'm not doing it. I love my mom, but I cannot stand Giselle Williams. Let me give you a little back story.

An issue went out a couple of moths ago with her on the cover. Her being the diva she is went full rampage on the magazine because they chose pictures she didn't approve of. But in reality, it's just because she didn't look good in them. She bashed the magazine and swore to never work for them again. She is a very successful model for my age, that magazine basically shut down because of what happened. I don't want that happening to my mom. Also the fact she has a bitchy attitude and is impossible to work with.

"Well, if I can't get her, then who will get?" she questions me with an annoyed attitude.

A light bulb goes off in my head and a smirk grows on my face. "I think I know someone." She raises an eyebrow.

________________________________________________________________________________ "No, no no no no no no no and no. No Lucas. No. I am not doing some magazine cover with you." Oh did I forget to mention, Riley's yelling at me right now at her locker before school starts.

"Why not? All you have to do is pose." I'm basically begging her at this point. Yes, I am begging the girl I like to do a shoot with me for my mother's magazine. "And look good, and you're already doing that so what's the difference?"

"Lucas, I'll look like an idiot, I have never done anything like that before. I can't even do family pictures without messing something up." She walks away but pauses briefly. "Wait, did you just say I look good?" she turns and raises an eyebrow at me. I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks but I don't move or and turn away.